• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusing Lag in Premiere UI

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I moved a project I have been working on from my laptop to a more powerfull desktop with a bigger monitor for obvious reasons. I was correct in thinking that this would be helpful in rendering, whenever I play my timeline it runs smoothly compared the the slideshow that would play on my laptop. However, whenever I have the timeline paused and am moving image assets around (the project has 2 total videos mostly just moving pictures) it stutters horribly and I get around 1 fps. The image lags behind my mouse cursor and updates slowly making it nearly impossible to place images precisely. I only have this issue with images and videos. Text and other graphics made inside premiere work just fine. The relevant specs on my pc are: CPU- i7-9700F, GPU- NVIDIA GeForce 2060 SUPER, RAM-32gb Corsair vengance pro. Any help is appreciated!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The F series of CPUs do not have QuickSync ... the hardware to handle decoding/encoding of H.264/5 long-GOP media. So if you're using any of that, yea, that CPU isn't great.

Further, 8 cores is sorta ok still, but ... more fast cores is more better.

I'm running a 3960x Ryzen with 24 fast cores, as that is important for me both in Premiere and Resolve. I don't do much H.264/5 long-GOP, and am quite happy to either proxy or transcode that if I need to.

I did stick with an Nvidia GPU of course.

If you've got any long-GOP media, you'll probably want to creat proxies in ProRes, DNx, or Cineform options. Even proxy media in those will be 'larger' on disc than the original highly compressed files, but should play back better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share a screen grab of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I attempt to click and drag the image of the man but it lags far behind my cursor. This is the issue I am experiencing

Votes

Translate

Translate