Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to dynamic link server, premiere to after effects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

As of late, I've had this issue where as soon as I make a dynamic link between premiere and after effects, the clip says 'media offline'. 

The footage arrives to after effects with no problem, but I can't view the newly created dynamic link in premiere. I try to relink the file but i get a never ending 'connecting to dynamic link server' loading pop up. I'm using the latest versions of both after effects and premiere. Fully up to date.

Any ideas?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OhSafari 

This can be one of the following reason, i would try few and see if its helpful: 

- Ensure that both Premiere Pro and After Effects projects are saved in locations with proper read and write permissions.
- Confirm that the source media file paths haven't changed since the dynamic link was established.
- Clean Media Cache, Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Media Cache" in Premiere Pro.
  Click on "Clean Database & Cache" and confirm.
- Check Dynamic Link Connection by making sure both Premiere Pro and After Effects are closed first and open After       Effects first, then Premiere Pro. Try re-linking the media.

Best, 

Mo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opening the After Effects project first then premiere solved the issue, but what am I supposed to do when there's multiple dynamic links? The rest still say media pending. The only one that's connected is the one ae project that i opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate