• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

23.5 fixed it for me... but after months of frustration, nearly doubling my workload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

It seems that the new beta builds for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder fixed it for me. I've exported around 10+ videos so far and it hasn't happened at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
167 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. The most frustrating part is that if you export it again immediately... no changes... it MIGHT export perfectly.

any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having this same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too since I updated from version 2020 to 2021. I already updated several project files so I can't really go back to 2020. Every time I change something and export media, random audio from clips are missing. I tried clearing cache and preferences, and removed the roaming user data cache. That didn't help. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as everyone else, it is very annoying especially when I thought I turned off Auto Updates because there always seems to be bugs like this. Trying out a method where I exported a .WAV file and just plugged it into the timeline hopefully this works as a work around.

UPDATE: IT WORKED! Exported a 8 min 4k video with the wav and no issue were found. I hope this helps people down the road until they fit the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix to this? I'm having the same issue and I've tried so many different things with no luck. Made a post over on the Adobe help site and they stopped responding ...

Any reliable fix except for exporting the audio individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the export window, there are two check box options about a third of the way down with 'Export Video' and 'Export Audio'. I noticed my 'Export Audio' box wasn't checked, when I checked it the video exported perfectly with the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I can export the same video several times in a row and have different portions of the audio missing each time. Very frustrating.

UPDATE:
Exporting the WAV and reintroducing that to the video has done the trick. Really shouldn't have to do that as a workaround though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same issue. Random audio drop outs - first minute might be fine, and then silence. I can't pin it down to what causes it, I just have to quickly skim through everything I export to make sure there is audio where there is supposed to be

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me quite regularly. I'm running everything on a modern PC with up-to-date Windows 10 and drivers. It mainly seems to affect videos > 1min in length, but occasionally messes up shorter exports too. Often I will hear audio for about a second, then it cuts out. Sometimes no audio for the rest of the video, but sometimes it will come back after a minute or two, leaving just a section of the export without audio.

Re-running the exact same export will either change the position where the audio cuts out, or if I'm really lucky I get a good clean export I can keep.

Exporting the audio separately as some people have suggested is very frustrating for my workflow.

Given Adobe has switched to a SaaS model, I hope there's a fix very soon. Looking at the timestamp of the original post here I can't believe an issue like this has persisted for a few months in a pro tool like Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened again this morning for me. I am taking a previously rendered movie. Dropping it into a new sequence and re-rendering it. MP4. First 40 seconds I had audio, then no audio for the rest of the 10 minutes.
I then did the exact same thing and the second time it has all audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to sleep but i can't because of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it also happens with me when exporting MOV files (AppleProRes 442). Some parts of the audio are off. Even some parts of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, updated version, windows 11 and 32Gb RAM....very very annoying. Please have a look on this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm SO glad I found this page.I've been having this issue for months. It feels like it coincided with updating to 2021. Exporting videos, whether three minutes or 20, the exported file starts off fine before completely losing dialog (not music ever, weirdly) at completely random places. Or it'll export and be 100 percent OK (this is a rare occurence).

It's incredibly frustrating and makes it impossible to trust Premiere. I sincerely hope they fix this soon. It will sometimes take a dozen or more export attempts before Premiere manages to do its job. I'll try the .wav solution in the meantime.

Thanks for making me not feel like a complete crazy person! For clarity, I'm on an AMD rig with 32 gigs of RAM running Windows 10 and the latest version of Premiere (at the time of writing), 22.0 (Build 169).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on PP/AME 22.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and of course no answers from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Started when I updated to 2021. I have long videos to export and 95% of the time I get no audio on just one or two clips. I have tried clearing media cache, reinstalling, new project, new sequence. There is no rhyme or reason. HELP! I am wasting tons of time and I am probably going to have to move to resolve or something if this doesn't get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it helps someone, I've observed that the issue disappear or at least happens less when you render videos just using software , not hardware acceleration in media encoder. That's my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous, we had 2 projects, each 1.5 hours.

The missing audio is on random positions on each export

After 5 failed attempts to create a perfect video, we gave up switsched temporarily to a system from a friendly company (no premiere).

It was a lot of work, but it worked.

Our material
all 4K 30fps
recorded with various Caonon Cams
Partly Gopro Hero 9 Material
Export in H264 30fps

Why are there always new features added, it would be more sensible to finally eliminate the existing bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a 30 minute 4k video that was time sensitive for YouTube and sure enough missing audio in the final export .mp4 tried again noting render time is at least 20 minutes then another watch through still missing audio in a different place, Tried exporting in 1080 because I was running out of time for YT and still had missing audio from a talking head section that was on a single track and half of it was OK then it just muted! Tried one more time and a different section of audio was now missing. Couldn’t post in the end and I’ve now lost views and revenue because of this unacceptable bug. The problem maybe with AME but whatever if my next video does this I’m jumping ship PP is a major part of my workflow and if it’s unreliable it’s useless. Sort this Adobe and quickly! Intel 10900 - 64gb DDR4 - RTX 2080ti - SSD HD with loads of space dedicated scratch disk. PP updated to 31st December 2021. Not happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX THIS ITS SO ANNOYING AND RIDICULOUS. Happens in Premiere Rush too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to have found a fix for this bug, and it is actually pretty simple, at least it seems so but might have some negative effects for some users, and that is when rendering out the project choose CBR rather than VBR.
For me it was always where clips joined that the audio would drop out, maybe the encoder doing something where clips join? I really don't know but this seems to have fixed it for me in my daily workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mike churchill

Nope, I have CBR on all my projects and Audio dropouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate