• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix workspace bugs

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right now.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes... I know what you mean.
My current workaround is to always save a backup workspace (or two) whenever I create a workspace I am really happy with.
https://i.imgur.com/FMsVXm6.png
Odds are, at least one of these will always function properly!
Also, assign a shortcut to the command "reset to saved workspace." This has saved my bacon many times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different issue related to workspaces.
If i select the Audio workspace, Premiere Hangs/Freezes and I have to force-quit the application.
This is a new issue/bug in the 2019 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I confirm there is a BUG regarding workspaces with Premiere Pro 2019.
I have a workspace saved, but whenever I close the project and open it again, the whole thing is a jumble. Almost nothing is the way I left it. I press "reset to saved layout", nothing happens even after I rearrange my windows and save the layout.
I even went as far as deleting all my saved workspaces, starting from scratch and created one new workspace. That didn't help.
Please fix this BUG as soon as possible. I can't afford to lose 10min each time I start a project in order to rearrange my windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the bug when I try and switch workspaces, to either a preset or custom workspace, it invariably freezes and crashes.
My only workaround is to rearrange whatever workspace it opens on to the layout I need at the moment.
I am using the latest version of Pr (13.0.1) on an iMac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same saving issue with PP 2019. Seems like a simple thing to fix. Every panel ends up in the right place except for one. Super odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the bug as well. For me I've only noticed the project window not saving to my desired location; however, it very well could be other windows too...it's just that I specifically want the project window in a certain place but am unable to save it there.

Once a project is started and windows are arranged, the windows remain in location upon re-opening the project. But when I start a new project and choose the custom workspace, the project window is reset to the lower left corner of my left monitor (where I don't want it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt Young's comment is EXACTLY my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Workspace feature is pretty much broken and doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces are not being saved. I change it, save it. Click to switch to my newly saved workspace and the panels are not where I put them. Something is glitching and broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! When I saved workspace and after open Premier....its different

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using last version 13.0.2 and workspace still not correctly restored with new project !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice this issue all the time when switching projects. I save my dual monitor workspace exactly how I want in a blank project and it'll work fine for a bit, especially if I create a project template for new edits. However, when I switch to a different project some of the panels rearrange themselves and "Reset Changes to Saved Workspace" doesn't put things back correctly. I notice this especially on my Project window and the Effects window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces are a great idea but are a total mess. Windows can be moved offscreen and be unable to be recovered. Workspaces get forcibly overwritten in certain circumstances where you've got a different monitor config. And because there are only usually two OS windows (which contain many tabs and Premiere 'windows', Workspaces don't remember the position of the OS windows. It's still a bit of a buggy mess, frankly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For problems with windows being moved offscreen - try grabbing a corner and resizing the window while holding "OPT" or "Shift-OPT". This has been a problem for me for the longest and only have just found this workaround. Also works in AE. Have also read that "CMD+/" may work for this issue but have not tried it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a lot of issues with custom-workspaces, from effects not finding my graphics card to having my entire system wiped of adobe because a custom workspace froze a project. It is a great concept and really speeds up my workflow when they work, but I often find more bad than good. It seems that I find another bug every time I a workaround and it doesn't seem like adobe plans to patch any of these any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my "Editing" workspace customized to 2 displays. The two issues I run into constantly have to do with the Project panel. When I switch between projects, it often moves "Project" to a different panel, or to a brand new window. This throws off the entire workspace, shifting other panels (Effects, Source Monitor, Effect Controls) to where the "Project" is supposed to be. Hitting "Reset to Saved Layout" sometimes does nothing, or it just puts the Project panel in a different location, typically a new tab on my Source Monitor. This issue also messes with the layout of the metadata in the Project panel. I have a very specific list of metadata that's important to my day-to-day work, and the only way to get that back is to right-click into the Metadata Display, select my saved preset, then go into the Project window and reorganize and change the spacing for every single tab. This is a very time-consuming process that I do almost every day.
I am very careful about only ever having one project window up, because I've run into many issues in the past with multiple bins open in different panels.
These issues happen most frequently when opening projects created before 13.0.2, or opening projects from other editors. Projects that I've started recently on my personal workstation are capable of maintaining my latest workspace, but I am constantly referencing other editors' projects and revisiting old projects.
Everyone in the office is on a Mac, running the same versions of Premiere Pro and Mac OS X (currently on Mojave 10.14.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspaces are not being saved properly, every time I change to a different workspace or back to one I was just using, the project bin is in a new spot and throws everything off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a dual monitor setup and see all the problems described by others here. The most common problem I see is that once I've set up my dual-screen workspace, I can reopen the project the next day and it all be fine - or, the Project window has been moved back to the main monitor with the second monitor left empty. It seems utterly random. Also see big problems when opening other projects with conflicting workspace settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched to dual monitor setup recently, and find everything is working well (saving and resetting the layout) except one thing:

The project panel keep getting grouped with the effects panel. I like to have them separate.

I wonder if a partial fix has been deployed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six months later, and despite a big Premiere update this bug has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019 in a dual screen setup and even if I save my window configuration to a new Workspace, when I start a new project or open another project, the project panel is always elsewhere and I have to manually move the project panel back to where I want it to be (top left of my left screen). Then after that, even if I save changes to the workspace, when I switch projects, it's back elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019 in a dual screen setup and even if I save my window configuration to a new Workspace, when I start a new project or open another project, the project panel is always elsewhere and I have to manually move the project panel back to where I want it to be (top left of my left screen). Then after that, even if I save changes to the workspace, when I switch projects, it's back elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I have huge problem with custom workspaces in Premiere Pro CC2019. In my case when I use my custom workspace it always looks different after relaunch of the program. Of course I saved my custom workspace and unchecked "Import workspace from project", and workspace sync is disabled. On first screenshot there is my desired worspace. On second screenshot you can see what the workspace looks right after rebooting the program. On a third screenshot you can see what happens when I load second project. These screenshots are only examples, everytime I open the program, workspace looks different. In this case I've changed "Assembly" workspace, but it doesn't matter, if I create brand new workspace, problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered this issue.
I can't only drag the project panel to the second monitor.
I save the layout but every time I start a whole new project,the project panel is grouped with effects panel on the main monitor.
I have to also drag the effects panel along with project panel to the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate