• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas, tengo un problema con premiere pro, no me permite exportar el proyecto, cuando quero exportar con acceso directo simplemente no hace nada, cuando voy a intentar exportar haciendo click en exportar, tampoco hace nada, y si utlizo la pestaña de la nueva actualizacion solo queda cargando. 

sistema mac

el viernes logre exportar enviando el proyecto a media encoder, pero ahora de esa manera no me lo permite. 

el programa funciona bien y nunca habia tenido problemas, pero preciso exportar el poroyecto pronto.

muchas gracias 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, but I have to end up doing over and over again about every hour. I've beeen an editor since 1995 and I haven't dealt with a company letting a product flounder like this since AVID bought the Softimage DS in 99 and completly destroyed the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, but I have to end up doing over and over again about every hour. I've beeen an editor since 1995 and I haven't dealt with a company letting a product flounder like this since AVID bought the Softimage DS in 99 and completly destroyed the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing shows up in the render queue when I do this. The other solution of renaming the file works for about an hour, then I have to re-do it again. going back to 23.0. Stunned at how Adobe is letting this product flounder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution that works for me and I've tried everything... Trashing preferences, reinstalling PP, you name it. The only fix I've found is downgrading the project and opening in the 2022 version. I'm on an M1 Mac and none of the Intel-based systems at the office are having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having the same issue. Clicking the Export tab results in a spinning blue circle. Usually, this circle appears for a second before the export dialog and dropdowns appear, but it's stuck at this point with no way to move forward.

I've trashed preferences, caches, have rebooted, reinstalled PP, reset workspaces... It happens on every project I have, new and existing, and the supposed workaround of exporting by sending to ME does nothing.

This problem appeared overnight, because I was exporting media last evening without issue. Fortunately, the workaround I have found that works is to import the sequence into ME with the media browser. But if trying to export from Premiere directly? You're screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue suddenly, but I've found that importing your sequence from your project through the media browser in Media Encoder allows you to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks V

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since today I have the problem that when I switch to the export page in Premiere Pro, it is not loading.

There is all the time the loading circle, as you can see on the screenshot.

I already restarted my mac and premiere. I deinstalled it & deleted the cache.

Does someone can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pain ... yowza.

@mattchristensen  ... you got any help for this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant export. CTRL M not working. Export not working. Deinstalled/reinstalled still not working. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me. Reinstall did nothing, nor did resetting my computer and the Export Directly to ME did nothing as well. The only thing that worked was reinstalling an older version of premier pro. I went two versions ago, 23.1 . It would appear that 23.3, the current version, has a fatal bug in it, as least on Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two intel macs exhibiting same bug, so it's not just he M chips. 

Also, this wasn' an issue before 23.3.

Sending to AME sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. The only gauranteed workaround is to reset all preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised the issue with the team this morning, and they are working on a solution.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd initially used the Digital Rebellion Preference Manager to trash the preferences, but that didn't do it this time. I then renamed the folder "23.0" (located at Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro), which, after reopening Premiere, was rebuilt and everything worked. I copied from the original folder my custom workspaces, and everything now seems to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced this issue for about 4 days. It was after the 23.3 upgrade but it didn't begin right away.

The first work-around was using Media Encoder (but there's still issues with export preferences on that for me that require further workarounds.) Today, Premiere isn't sending the project to Media Encoder at all and now I have no way to export. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happneing to me too - 

and the worst part is - i could export my video yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks - sorry first chance I've had to comment again.  It was absolutely fine - it turned out one of the clips on the timeline was corrupt.  I replaced it with a backup file and all worked fine!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, there are two ways to solve the issue:

1. Downgrade to 23.2. All good again.

2. Reset Premiere preferences by holding e.g. the "option" key at startup from PR. All shortcuts, etc. will be lost. But then it will work. 

Anyway: You might need to do that a couple of times per day, as it is a massive bug. 

Would be great, if Adobe could fix that.
🙂

Best,
Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this happens, File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder doesn't help. It won't send to Media Encoder.

The cause is a corrupted file in the Premiere folder. This is the folder that contains the information about your personal work space preferences and all your personal preferences settings.

The SOLUTION is as follows:

Quit Premiere Pro

On a Mac, find the Documents folder. In there go to Adobe and find the Premiere folder (this same folder will exist somewhere on a PC and have the same issue, so the following should still apply). This folder contains your custom work space information and personalt settings. Something in there has become corrupted.

Give the folder a different name, eg add to the folder name 'corrupted file'.

Then open up your Premiere Pro project again. The work spaces will come up the same as it was the first time you opened it, it's like a factory reset of your work spaces but your project will be there un-changed, bins etc as you had them. Premiere Pro couldn't locate the original folder because you changed its name so it has created a new one to replace it.

You will have lost your custom work spaces. You will also have lost your personal settings, which can be a real pain but I think it's a small price to pay to be able to get your exports working properly. It will soon fail again so you have to go through the same routine again.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with blue circle suddenly - caused at least an hour of wasted time so far which makes me very cross with Adobe - who like many software companies don't seem to understand productivity much and how a stupid error in the 23rd edition of CC or so steals time from the people that pay your wages. I've tried all the solutions here and nothing works. Spe- Laptop Mac M1, loads of space, fast external drive - loads of space, everything working until about two hours ago. Baffled and frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue happen four times in the last 24 hours now. When it does happen, there's no way of exporting or sending to Media Encoder. The temporary fix each time I have found works for a while, long enough to be able to export things. When the system is working properly, all is fine. It seems to be when you quit the project and then re-open it, the arises. The corrupt file in the Premiere folder gets read on Premiere start up and the bug has then been introduced, so you can't export.

To fix it until the next time it fails, do the following. It's worked every time for me:

The cause is a corrupted file in the Premiere folder. This is the folder that contains the information about your personal work space preferences and all your personal preferences settings.

The SOLUTION is as follows:

Quit Premiere Pro

On a Mac, find the Documents folder. In there go to Adobe and find the Premiere folder (this same folder will exist somewhere on a PC which may have the same issue, so the following should still apply). This folder contains your custom work space information and personalt settings. Something in there has become corrupted.

Give the folder a different name, eg add to the folder name 'corrupted file'.

Then open up your Premiere Pro project again. The work spaces will come up the same as it was the first time you opened it, it's like a factory reset of your work spaces but your project will be there un-changed, bins etc as you had them. Premiere Pro couldn't locate the original folder because you changed its name so it has created a new one to replace it.

Since doing the above a few times I've found a way of retaining your Preferences Settings.

Do the temporary fix as above. Open up a work in progress Premiere project and set up your Preferences Settings. You can set up your work spaces if you like. Now hit the Export button and make sure the Export window opens up normally. Go back to Edit.

Hide Premiere Pro (not quit) and go to Documents > Adobe > and locate the folder called Premiere. This should contain un-corrupted files. Copy the whole folder with its contents to somewhere safe but dont move it. I copied it to a USB memory stick.

Now get Premiere up on your screen again and then check that the Export button still works normally. If so, you now have an un-corrupted copy of the Premiere folder with you settings safely stored on your USB memory stick.

Next time your project refuses to give access to the Export window, quit Premiere. Go to Documents > Adobe and find the Premiere folder and delete it. Copy the Premiere folder you saved earlier into the same location. Now open up your Premiere project again. Your Export window should be working now. You will have kept all your personal Preferences, settings, eg 'don't play after rendering' or 'use Blackmagic Playback' etc. Unfortunately you will have lost all your personal work space settings.

I've been through this procedure three times today now so far from ideal but it is a work arround. I'm on a Mac but I imagine its just a case of finding that Premiere folder on a PC and doing the same.

This is a serious bug and needs to be sorted out soon. Does this bug only happen with V23.3?

I hope that helps to some extent anyway,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, you can simply hold down the option key and erase the preferences of PR. That will work the same way.

Anyway: As we all pay for the tool, Adobe should fix it.

🙂

Best,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a handy free utility from digital rebellion called preference manager  for the mac that will allow you to backup your preferences when everything's working ok and easily reset your preferences and restore your previous settings.

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

I've used this for years for FCP1-7 and Premiere...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Premiere Pro yesterday and now I do not have the option to export.

I see the option for Quick Export in the upper right, but nothing pops up when I click it. I also went to File > Export > Media, but nothing pops up after I select Media. 

I am operating on a MacOS Ventura 13.3

Please help, my work depends on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate