• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major lag with with the Premiere Pro Interface (Timeline, Bins, Resizing Windows etc.)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's timeline and interface in general is just a lot slower than other NLEs and other apps like Blender. I use Premiere almost every single day so you don't really notice it until you open another NLE on your machine and see how bad its fallen behind on interface smoothness. 

Here is a 60FPS capture of me scrolling through similar timelines in Premiere and Resolve. I cropped out the top just to focus on the timeline smoothness/sluggishness. 

Premiere takes 4frames to update the scroll and often flickers waveforms and other icons as it struggles to keep up with a smooth framerate. 

Resolve's timeline renders at 60FPS. Every frame there is an update being sent to the screen. This is typical of any modern app when it it's unterface is properly omptimized to run on the GPU. 

It's not just the timeline its scrolling through a bin, its resizing windows etc. It all renders at about a 1/4 of as fast as it should in 2023. 

This stuff matters. Premiere causes eye strain because its basically it runs basically like a seizure inducing slide show. I am more tired after using Premiere than after using something that runs at a smooth consistent frame rate. Its distracting and takes you out of what you are trying to do. You make more mistakes when things aren't udating quickly enough. It generally slows you down. Things should not lag 8 frames behind your mouse with modern 4ghz multi-core setups and dedicated graphics! 

Adobe please find a way to make Premiere run as smoothly as your compretitors. Premiere needs some version of "project butter" across all its apps like Android did back in 2012. It's time. 

I have been and will probably remain a loyal customer, but the Premire lifers would love some quality of life updates and not just a superficial coat of paint on the interface. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Graphics , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug that has been constantly appearing since the end of 22 and has not been perfectly solved yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@鑫346288560vtd 
i have a more recent thread on this if you want to just go there upvote it and comment your issues specifically. theres a better chance it will help the devs there in finding the route cause
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/detailed-report-premiere-pro-2024-has-some-severe-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate