• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mark in (I) and out (O) not working in the source monitor for 2024 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark in (I) and out (O) not working in the source monitor for 2024 update. As well as the button in the panel and drag and drop not working. I can add a source and play it, just not able to mark it the in and out points. I tryied to restart, uninstall, rest, ect.. I ended up reinstalling the 23.6 and everything goes back to normal. frustrating though becaue Ae 24 files won't transfer to prior Pr. Wondering if I deactived something, bug, or file issues. Any help will be much approcated. 

Thanks!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
20 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a couple other users post about this. Most of us can't replicate it, and I'm not sure what the trigger is for it.

I hope you dumped all cache files before launching the 24.x app? If not, you could reinstall it, and on launch, hold the Shift key down. Dump cache files, then let it open.

Also ... check if this works in a new project created in 24 ...  and post your OS and hardware/media. We need more data to figure out what triggers this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KeithBeard,

See my comments in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/can-t-mark-in-or-out-on-the-source-monitor-after-la...

Are you opening in source monitor from Media Browser? I did not see a problem dragging from Media browser to the timeline, however.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't read Stan's linked thread, but I first opened a clip from a production media project by double-clicking and it worked fine. Then on Stan's comment I tried from the Media Browser - which I never use - and I couldn't set in/out's. I tried dropping directly onto source monitor from File Explorer and I couldn't set in/out's on them also. So, only ones that came from a project seem to work in the source monitor - which I rarely use! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it from Bridge to the source monitor, didn't work there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, viewing first in the media browser. Either double clicking or dragging them in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 MacBookPro - Sonoma 14.0
Processor - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Graphics - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Tried dumpinmg cache and holdong down shift key to no avail on the bug.  Also drop from finder folder, Bridge, and media browser. Still not working  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpt failar with "production media project." I'll look into that as a workaround 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not familiar with "production media project." I'll look into that as a workaround or new workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Yes, viewing first in the media browser. Either double clicking or dragging them in. 

I almost never use the Media Browser to open in source monitor, so I may be missing some workflow issues. I "view" them in Media Browser (just to pick the clip), but I then always Import to the project. Then I open in the Source monitor or just add the whole clip to the sequence.

Double-clicking opens in the Source Monitor and does not import to the project. Dragging/inserting to timeline from there imports it to the Project Panel.

Dragging from Media Browser to the timeline also imports to the Project Panel.

In any event, my question for you is if you import to the project, and then open it in the Source Monitor, are you able to set in/out with the shortcuts?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones That works! ha. New work flow for me. I can double click in the timeline as well and it will work. 

So - Media browser > Right clcik to import the file >  Double click or drag into source monitor. Worked. 

Still a bug from that way I used to do it. Ha.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* from project panel double click or drag. works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's working in the Beta, I assume it will be fixed in a next update.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're aware of an issue in v24.0 where In & Out points can't be applied to the clips loaded from the Media Browser to the Source monitor. For the time being, please try importing the media in the Project panel & then load them in the Source monitor to apply I/O points. You may also try our latest Beta & check if it's working properly. Please refer to this link to know more about the Creative Cloud Beta program. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an annoying bug as I never work from the Project panel; in fact, I completely removed it some time ago when Premiere started switching to the Project panel every time you dropped a clip into the timeline. Anyway, oddly, if you set an In or Out and then click the "Toggle Proxies" button, the In or Out you set will show, and will apply if you move the clip to the Timeline. Annoying, but it's better than having to work from the Project panel, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on Sonoma? its not yet supported by premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a Sonoma issue, it's a version 24.0 issue. I tested this on my Mac that still has MacOS 12.7 and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AnthonyToglife,

> This isn't a Sonoma issue

Right; also present in Windows. And fixed in Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue at this exact moment. Cannot use I, O in media source. Is there any resolution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kamilsj,

Won't be fixed in the Release until the next update, which I assume will be 24.1. It is fixed in the Beta.

The main workaround is to import: See my post above:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/mark-in-i-and-out-o-not-working-in-the-source-monit...

@Matt Young pointed out in another thread that "when a clip from the media browser is opened in the source monitor, although you can't SEE the in/out points you set, as the OP indicates, they are actually there. If you drag the clip down to the timeline it will contain the section set by the invisible in/out points."

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/can-t-mark-in-or-out-on-the-source-monitor-after-la...

And @AnthonyToglife pointed out in a post in this thread that "if you set an In or Out and then click the "Toggle Proxies" button, the In or Out you set will show, and will apply if you move the clip to the Timeline. "

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/mark-in-i-and-out-o-not-working-in-the-source-monit...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate