• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2024 - Exports SIGNIFICANTLY Slower

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last year or two I've been VERY happy with how far Premiere came with reducing Export times for my work flow. Now recently with the 2024 release, it seems to have undone ALL of that progress.

I produce weekly(ish) YouTube videos. I export them at DCI4k (4096x2160) and 50Mbps bitrate. The footage is 5.7k H.265 clips off my Panasonic Lumix GH6. Videos are generally anywhere from 15-30 minutes in length with only basic (built-in) effects. A bit of Warp Stabilization, rarely any speed adjustments, and only basic text overlays. 

Toward the end of Premiere 2023's life one of these exports would take 20-30 minutes. Something like, 1.1x the video length. Now with the 2024 version of Premiere, I'm currently exporting a video. Same effects, computer hardware, ingested footage source, and all, yet the export time is estimated to be 3 and 1/2 hours. It went down to 2 hours, then back up to 3. Now it has been going for about 15 minutes and is estimating 45 minutes... ALL of these are worse than it was doing just a few short months ago with the SAME parameters. The only thing that has changed is Premiere updated. I haven't started using some new Plugin, a new camera, changed any PC hardware, nothing.

I should note that I have been exporting with the Premiere Pro Export tool, not sending to Media Encoder. I used to send files to Media Encoder as I found that more reliable, but somewhere in 2022 / 2023 I found that the Premiere Pro export tool improved significantly so I started sticking with that. This is what I'm refering to in this post.

My PC Specs:

•  Windows 10 22H2
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-core cpu)
  • 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz RAM
  • Nvidia RTX 3090ti 24MB Gpu (only latest Nvidia Studio drivers, released Feb 22.)
  • Footage stored on a dedicated Gen 4 NVME SSD
  • Exporting to another Gen 4 NVME SSD

This is the exact same hardware configuration I've been using for over a year now and WAS very happy with the Premiere performance. I get that updates will bring new features and changes that may tax hardware differently, but the export performance for a computer of this spec level is ridiculous in my opinion. I shouldn't have to spend $10,000 to export a 4k video in less than a couple hours in 2024. It isn't like I'm using a 5 year old CPU / GPU or an under spec'd laptop here. Something really feels like it broke in the export function. Editing / Playback speed seems to have suffered a little bit as well, but not nearly as much as export has.

I know I saw another post on here last week of someone else finding they too were having suddenly slower export performance, but I cannot find it to add to that post so here I am. Any input? Am I alone in this? Should I be looking at my PC? Nothing changed except Premiere as far as I can see.

NOTE: I wrote this while my most recent video was exporting. A 23 minute and 29 second video. In the end it took 1 hour and 5 minutes to export. Not the worst I've experienced but well over double what I had grown to expect from Premiere 2023.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Export , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate