Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB
NVidia GEForce RTX 4090
Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K outputting to an Eizo colour edge monitor

No system compatibility issues reported in Premiere.

This is happening in multiple projects and actually on BOTH of our edit PCs, which are significantly different from one another in terms of hardware. Some of the projects have graphics, some don't as yet.

Every 10 mins or so, the image freezes in the program monitor and therefore the image on our Colour Edge. Premiere is otherwise still functional - I can still cut and move clips etc on the timeline, just can't see what I'm doing.

Have helf shift and reset everything, cleared cache, stopped other apps in background, done a general PC cleanup, tried different workspaces, toggled mercury transmit on and off, updated drivers across entire PC inc graphics card and Blackmagic Desktop Video software.

Don't want to roll back to 23 as all the work done in the new projects will be lost as they won't be openable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not this exact problem but performance and stability problems over all for the past 5 days now. i have these problems. ill copy the link to the post because im kinda sick of writing everything down every day for the past days haha. my last answer describing the whole thing the best. i see a lot of forum posts that a lot of People having issues after updating to 24.0
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/24-0-is-broken/idi-p/14152066

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. The one thing you and I have in common is black magic. Is this because of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I had the same problem since version 23.6. So I rolled back, waited for the update, and installed version 24, but it still happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might try editing without external monitoring today to see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem.
PrPro 24 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. (PrPro23 same issue)
I also did all updates and resets, but issue still persists.

Today I tried disable blackmagic preview, PrPro works without problem. So I think, it is definitely Blackmagic driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've subsequently been on the blackmagic forums and have found this to be a known issue but one that BMD don't currently seem to be engaging with. It might help if more people contact them directly via their support pages to let them know. 

They're currently advertising the product as being compatible with Premiere Pro but it clearly isn't....at the moment at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem but we're not shooting on Black Magic we are shooting on a RED.  Any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to detach the external monitor?

if this solves the issue, the culprit is in the playback to external monitor,

you will have to let us know how are you connecting it to your editing platform?

if yes and the issue persists, try to delete the render files from sequence.

also consider changing the video preview settings from sequence settings

to QuickTime rather than H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

did you try to detach the external monitor?

Yes, the problem persists whether monitor is actually attached or not. the only thing that prevents the problem is having Mercury Transmit unchecked in playback preferences.

if this solves the issue, the culprit is in the playback to external monitor,

you will have to let us know how are you connecting it to your editing platform?

Blackmagic cards outputting over HDMI. One PC has a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K. The other has a BM Intensity Pro 4K. Both computers are experiencing the same issue.

if yes and the issue persists, try to delete the render files from sequence.

I should reiterate that this is happening in ALL projects across both PP 23 and 24 including newly created projects from the outset. I've cleared cache and reset preferences multiple times to no avail.

also consider changing the video preview settings from sequence settings

to QuickTime rather than H.264.

I'm already set to Quicktime 

Thank you,
Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm literally going to stop using PP today.  I've spent way too much time troubleshooting when I should've been actually working.  This is ridiculous for the prices we pay we should not be dealing with this mess.  Unresolved bugs and problems with the software have been too common in this program.  It's been a job itself finding out wth is happening and why things aren't working properly.  Smh goodbye premier pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Intensity Pro. Always worked fine until this 24 version. Playback freeze. Averything keeps working, even save the project but have to restar to playback againg. Avery version of premiere had a gift for us... Im very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since the update to the 2024. And it does with every camera that we've used so far (canon, sony). We don't get this on macs and macbooks in the office but only on PCs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

This is a common issue related to mercury transmit with Blackmagic ouput cards ou AJA output card. No solutions suggested by Adobe (of course...).
Don't waste your time to reinstall Premiere, reset preferences, import your project in a new fresh one, etc. Don't wast your time to update your Blackmagic drivers (12.7.1 has still this problem).

It's an Adobe / Blackmagic related problem.
The only workaround is to output Mercury Transmit through a GPU output instead of your video card output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.5 is working, we will be holding until further notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RED not Black Magic and still have the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Update to the last 24.0.3 and........the same. kepp freezing. Thanks adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got excited when I saw a new release this morning only to find it appears to be even worse! It seems to freeze instantly now rather than allowing 5 mins of work before doing so.

I'm also having no luck via BlackMagic support. Their guy copied and pasted some suggestions from a website he'd found and they were suggestions that didn't even relate to Adobe Premiere. eg. 'Reduce the RAM preview frame rate in the Preview pane'. This sounds like some other software - maybe DaVinci? Anyway, it's not going well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to Iamu Bob, this thread is about a problem relating to Blackmagic i/o cards, it's nothing to do with Blackmagic cameras. The type of camera used is irrelevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so confused about why for a simple 2 cam edit I cant scroll through footage. This update is costing me $$$$$ and I want it back from you guys if you cant fix this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here since 23.6. 23.5 was fine. 24 is terrible.

- Monitor freeze every 10 minutes - requires close and open again.

- Choppy playback with mercury transmit

Of course I use a decklink. Very beefy machine (i9 13900k, 192GB, RTX4070...), fresh install.

It is tiring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe its an issue on BM end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may, though unlikely. Resolve works great with the decklink. Adobe 23.5 worked great with the decklink.

Of course if Adobe blames BMD and BMB blames Adobe, we're in for the long haul.

I don't know that Adobe said anything about that still, which is not good as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following a recommendation from a Blackmagic engineer, we'd changed the Decklink output setting (found in Preferences>Playback and then by clicking the settings wheel next to the Blackmagic card) to SCALE DOWN. It was on Scale up.

So far, Premiere 24.0.3 has been running fine for about the last 25 mins, which is the longest it's run without problems since the issues began.

I think it would be good if people could try this and report back as to whether it fixes it or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on my last comment, we've frozen again after about 35mins of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was already using it to scale down before.
That doesn't seem to be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate