• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro a nightmare on mac m2 max

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I switched to mac over a year ago in hopes that my editing would become easier with a smooth workflow. Instead it lags when sivving tbrough my timeline. Tried everything from cache to even uninstall and reinstalling. Now I have read that this is a problem for many using M chips on mac, Adobe however choose to ignore these issues and annoyingly we still pay. So I will give Adobe till the next update before I jump shift to Davinci Resolve etc. I think it is important to put the pressure on Adobe here especially considering one of Adobe advisors will throw a line of thanks for your feedback, we will (no we won't) pass it on or throw us a line of clear cache etc. Seen it too often sadly.  Oh and don't get me started on the random crashes forcing a close.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're seeing poor performance. Could you share more information about your media? Which format/codec is it, what frame size and rate, etc. Also, how many displays do you have connected to your Mac? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved, I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide detailed specs of your system, ESPECIALLY your storage configuration as well as your OS and version of Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel you, best M2 max laptop system has laggy timeline, daily crashes, so on and so on - even if working with proxy and no raw files at all.

the best, it's getting worse with every update adobe puts out. very poor support here. instead they should focus on the most uses systems - apple silicon chips, so what's going wrong here?

tbh I don't care, switching to another software as final cut or davinci soon because of the big lack of support - premiere isn't the only solution in 2023 - they have to keep up or missing the game. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I got a M2 Max / 32GB / Running on Sonoma 14.1.2.

Premier Pro is not playing any kind of videos on my machine. Even not the test footage videos. 

Did all the updates. Even tried going back to earlier versions. Tested all the solutions on the internet. Nothing is working

Startet now the switch to Davinci. No issues there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the only way to prevent this is to make all software system-specific (that is, every software runs only on a single proprietary hardware configuration and is completely incompatible with everything else). Barring that, there is still code in the Mac versions of Premiere Pro that still only works correctly on an Intel Mac.

As such, it's time to completely cut off all Intel Mac users and redesign Premiere Pro to run solely on newer computer systems.

And please note that this is just my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 different editing workstations (2 PC w/ AMD GPU and 1 m2 MAX). I've had other workstations w/ PC integrated chips before, and I believe that's the biggest hangup (integrated chips). Rendering is a GPU intensive task, when that task is running through the CPU as the GPU, and with all the other tasks that are needed to run everything else (like reading the files it is rendering and writing the new files), the data packets all get bottle necked. So, to alliviate that for the m2 here's been my solution.

• In the prefrences/settings for "MEMORY" change those 2 locations to an external SSD.
  • For any type of exporting, export to yet another external SSD.

That's about as customized as you can get w/ an Apple machine. And that's been the ONLY way that I can keep the m2 from freezing up with any sort of Multicam shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same issues on a m2 max fully specd out in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate