Timeline Clips In and Out Points Off on Re-Open of Project

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 23.6.2

MacOS Monterey 12.6.2 

M1 Max Macbook Pro 2021 16 Inch

SSD Drive All Media is on the SSD and wasn't moved or changed after the project was created.

This happened to me twice now. I worked on a timeline that had video from an iPhone and audio from another source, one was a digital recorder and the other was audio from an iPhone memo record.

I did an edit using transcription text. It output fine. Everything in sync and the clips all fine. Then when I re-opened the project the next day, all the in and out points of the video were different and the audio was no longer synced. The whole timeline was ruined. I had to rebuild the timeline using the output as a guide. 

At first I thought it was because I was using 32 Bit Float audio which I had never used before. 

But then the same thing happened on another project that used just the audio from the iPhone.

I saw some posts in the beta where people were having problems like this. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to get it back to the way it was. Makes me not want to use text-based editing again. Today I had a re-edit to do before showtime and I couldn't do it. Had to imported the exported footage and make due with that. It was a big problem. 

I tried opening auto-save files and the same problem was there too. I've been using Premiere Pro for decades. Cut an entire doc on it. I have never had anything like this happen. Disturbing!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just laid the audio from the previous export in there to see what's happening and it seems it's the audio that has shifted. The video is the same. It's the dialog audio that has totally changed the in and out point for pretty much every clip. Like it's all been slipped. It's quite weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I have realized is that when I look at one of these audio clips, the outpoint is where the inpoint should be. It's like it switched the inpoint to be the outpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through and making the outpoints the inpoints on every clip. Tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through and fixed all the audio by slipping each clip making the outpoint the inpoint. I hope that this doesn't happen again, when I open it up tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all that work, it just reverted back when I closed it and opened it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware Iphone footage that has variable framerate can cause out of sync issues.

Convert to contstant framerate before dropping it into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, thank you, but it's really the audio that's changing it's inpoint and outpoint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll have to give that a whirl thanks. Right now I'm just going to use an old beta, because it's more stable. It's the worse when something changes on its own after you save it and close it. Never had anything do that before, I don't think.

Votes

Translate

Translate