• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim flags in filler suddenly stopped working in Premiere 23.1.0 (MacOS)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pre 23.1.0 for Mac, trim flags placed in filler will disappear if after a trim.

Happens both in on-the-fly trim mode (setting trim flags on the timeleine outside of official trim mode) and in trim mode (when, say using the +1, -1, +5, -5 buttons)

Makes for a number of problems, particularly on asymmetric trims. If you put a yellow trim flag on on B-Side (i.e. in filler) at tails of a clip on a video track, and A-Side of a a number of audio tracks (not in filler), on first frame of trim (let's say -1), that asymmetric trim will function as expected (Picture will move back 1 frame, audio forward 1 frame), BUT the flag on the video track will have disappeared (images below)

As a result (by example), subsequent -1 trims will move audio back one frame (undoing the forward trim above), and originally-intended trim on the video track becomes an implied (guessed-at-by-Premiere) trim on the video track, which is likely to be at heads on a video clip, where your intention was to handle tails of that very same clip.

TrimProblem1.jpg      TrimProblem2.jpg

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Premiopolis,

Have you tested this in a new sequence or project? How about with other media? I hope we can find the missing piece to this workflow puzzle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, good suggestion.  Just tried both: New sequence in a new project.

I half-expected that to be the solution, but no such luck: Yellow trim flags in filler still disappear.

(FWIW I also tried using different keyboard settings (Adobe default), just in case.  No fix there either.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. M1 max macbook pro. OS 13.1, premiere 23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me in 23.2. Still working correctly in 23.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@beng73881342

This is still an issue for me in 23.2. Still working correctly in 23.0.

Seeing the same thing in 23.2.

@Kevin-Monahan  - What's the chance of getting a fix for this?  When it comes to editing, the ever humble trim is kind of the handyperson, or sewing person, office manager: often-overlooked, absolutely essential, powerhouse of efficiency, creativity, and polish.  Rather than allowing it to decay over time, it would be great if Adobe recognized the central importance, improve things over time.  Avid is tip top on trims, but they haven't visited it in years, and there's lots of improvement that would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said my friend. Trim needs to work properly always. It's the heart of editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Premiopolis,

Thanks for the note. I moved this thread to the bug reports forum where the team can keep an eye on it. I hope that will be OK.

Quick note: anything in the Discussions sub-forum is for troubleshooting help and workflow advice ("support" which is my job). Any bug or idea (feature request) can be made in those sub-forums, the realm of the product team. 

Doing so is new protocol as User Voice is discontinued. Thanks for your understanding. Jump back to the Premiere Pro forum and you'll see the tabs for each at the top of the page.

A small point that may be of interest to those on this thread. Filler is an Avid term that doesn't quite equate. As I recall, you can place add edits in filler track in an Avid. It's considered "empty space" in the track for Premiere Pro. That said, they should work similarly when it comes to Trim Edit mode. 

I hope the team can address this issue soon. I upvoted.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan Thanks for moving that.  I knew user-voice was evaporating, but hadn't noticed the the new "bugs"tab.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate