Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100% CPU usage + massive lag in playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So I am trying to make a timelapse, I import the picteres as Image Sequence and drop them in the timeline.

When I try to preview the video either it lags massively or just shows 2-3 frames from the clip which is only 6 seconds long and my cpu goes to 100%. Sequence settings: 24fps; 1920x1080. Source images are 6000x4000, exported jpg-s from lightroom with some color adjustments but I also tried with way smaller images and there was almost no difference. When I render the 6 second video it plays perfectly.

I have been using Premier for a month only with video files and had no problem at all and no such spikes. Proxies help but that is not a solution to my problem.

I have the lastest update of premier pro, Win10, NvidiaGeForce 1650 Super, Intel i5-6402p.

Anyone has any idea what is going on? Please help.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you do have to render a section if it's slow to playback. Yes, you really should cut down those file sizes. Perhaps save them a TIFs. jpgs would be like working with h.264 source files, a drain on the cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't TIF bigger size than jpg? I guess my pc can't handle such big files which sucks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not doing and panning and zooming make the images the same size as the sequence.

I think your machine is somewhat under powered for Pr 2021.

Its 6 years old and that is old in computer land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I plan on doing just that. I tried with images 2500x1667. It's a bit better but still not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) enabled in project settings? Are there any effects added to the image sequence? What is the color of the timeline render bar, red or yellow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CUDA. No effects, just the sequence. The color is yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines