Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D swivel is cropping my logo

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning All,

I'm relatively new to doing projects like this. Simply put, I'm trying to rotate a logo 2x in 4 seconds (total duration - 5 seconds). I believe I have the settings and everything correct but as you'll see, it appears that the logo starts out fine then appears to be cropped whilst rotating (that may not be what's happening but it's how I'm describing it). For the life of me can not understand why! Again I'm new, so go easy on me if it's something simple. I'm just trying to learn. I'm attaching a dropbox link to the files for review. I'd really appreciate some help (explanation) if you can. Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/50d7xkp2a80w2pj/AAA9l2KqT6Ig6q8sbEBbbk4ba?dl=0

Keith P.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

I've had a look at your project. Not sure why it is happening but I think I found a fix. In the Basic 3D effects settings, with the image un-rotated, adjust the 'distance to image' untill the still is not cropped, I found 74 was good. Then adjust the Motion 'Scale ' inbuilt effect to restore the image to full size, I found 171 was about right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a look at your project. Not sure why it is happening but I think I found a fix. In the Basic 3D effects settings, with the image un-rotated, adjust the 'distance to image' untill the still is not cropped, I found 74 was good. Then adjust the Motion 'Scale ' inbuilt effect to restore the image to full size, I found 171 was about right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard...THANK YOU!!!! That worked perfectly and then I was able to take that into a larger project that also worked perfectly! Again, Thanks and appreciate the help!

Best Regards,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you watch the video at 4:30 it demonstrates a bug with the 3D filter in software only mode. GPU mode should work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted you to know that your solution is still great! I needed to know how to fix this today, and you came through. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super work Richard, had me puzzled. Problem solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines