• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5D III Cinema DNG not importing correctly

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import 5D III cinemadng's into Premiere 7.1, the footage comes in with a weird pink overlay. It's not just a tint shift, but some sort of color distortion. After Effects and Photoshop both read the file just fine via Camera Raw. Is anyone else having this issue or know any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

The Canon 5D MKIII doesn't make CinemaDNG files, these are specifically from MagicLantern. CinemaDNG is a huge spec, we targeted getting the colours correct from the BlackMagic camera first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarification: what I should have said was Premiere supports 12 and 16 bit CinemaDNG files, but only 12 bit ones render properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very clear, for this 7.1 release, we are only supporting CinemaDNG media from the Blackmagic Camera. No other format is being supported at this time. The pink overlay problem with DNG derived from Canon RAW media is a known issue.

We are currently in discussions of how to expand our CinemaDNG support going forward, and user input is a vital factor. Nonetheless, Premiere support for the CinemaDNG format is different from the support in other Adobe applications. For more on this, see the section "Enhanced BlackMagic Cinema Camera support" at this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new-7-1.html#Supportfornewcameraformats

-- Andy

-- Premiere Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for clarification and acknowledging the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the updated information, although I do wish that Adobe had made it clear at the time of the update announcement that CinemaDNG support would only be for the BMCC. I've heard other cameras, such as the KineRAW which shoots CinemaDNG, are not handled correctly either. Still, thank you for pushing this initiative forward, and I'm hoping that Adobe can keep up with the chaning industry and provide full support for all forms of Cinema DNG like Davinci Resolve has found a way to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm another magic lantern user making DNG from my 5D3, and I got myself premiere and speedgrade because of DNG support... and I'm kind of disapointed now that this support is only for 1 camera... it's weird, but we'll be patient hoping that you support 5D3 DNG files one day...

Meanwhile, I'll have to switch to Davinci resolve 10 which can do editing now.

Magic lantern users are a huge community, so it wouldn't be a smart move not to support us, For many of us working with premiere and switching to speedgrade was gonna be a perfect raw workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to push this Thread and make it more vital.. It's really a pitty, that Adobe as Inventor of a "universal" picture-format can't cope with its own idea.

Suggestions:
(A) Use the (cinema)DNG-Attributes as they're written into the tif(dng) header.
(B) Give a Interface/Translator for color-matrices.

As its working fairly good in Speedgrade (but sadly not to link it from there to premiere), i state the dng-Importer in Premiere as Beta-Codeproof working merely with BMCC-Files. I dont want to squeeze/recalculate the magiclantern-raws to bmcc-like data - cdng-import cant deliver, what was promised with the idea of dng - by now

regards chmee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, i think i found a work Around to the Pink Cast!

I imported CDNG's in to AE used the ACR plugin then Saved project as

a CS6 AE project then, Start a new project in Premiere Pro CC

import the AE CS6 project , its links to the original cdng's

And import with the ACR adjustments with no pink cast.

But if you try and send your AE project to premiere the cdng's will

have the pink cast.

So when you save as a "CS6" project in AE you can continue on to edit etc..

I did this test on my PC, i have not tried it on the MAC.

Can someone  confirm this workaround please  :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think, i found a "recalculated way". 12bit linear with debiased blacklevel works quite good - i just coded the audio-convertion from mlv today. so take a look at raw2cdng 1.4.9 (raw&mlv)

http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2013/06/magiclantern-raw2cdng-cinema-dng/

regards chmee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try sending to Speedgrade via DirectLink. Then save the SG Project and re-open in PPRO - that should take care of the problem...

To Adobe... It is a real embarrassment that you cannot read a format developed by yourself !!!

SG and PPRO both... This is simply put - a total embarrassment

You develop a so-called UNIFIED RAW format so that this RAW world is less complicated. But then you write RED and ARRI specific RAW decoders with access to Metadata (NEEDED for RAW) ---

The CinemaDNG Implementation in PPRO doesn't spark ONE access to ANY metadata... Even with Black Magic cDNGs... No Exposure, No WB no NOTHING !!!

As I mentioned - this is totally embarrassing - for the INVENTOR of the format - PERIOD !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it would be easy for them to sumon ACR stuff in premiere just like with after effects. They must have some reasons not to do it... Maybe it's Canon who is paying them to hold on full CDNG support so that life isn't too easy for us magic lantern users! 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is suppose to have a fix for Convergent Design's Odyssey 7's version of Cinema DNG in the next release.  Hopefully, Adobe will process DNG's files the same in all applications with the next upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be patient, it will be better but, acr is NOT the way to go. its much too slow. how do you want to edit, if you have to wait for godot? a quite good idea would be a video-effect with some basic highlight- and shadow recovery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2014 now plays these Cinema DNG folders without the pink shift - looks great and no hiccups in playback using my iMac late 2013.  (some magenta colors in overexposed areas only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I know this is too old now, but wanted to post what solved the same problem for me (the pink overlay)

In the RAWMAGIC app I set everything to 'AutoDetect' and it worked, I guess the problem was with the 'black level', it should be 'autodetect' unless you know what u r doing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never too old! You just made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines