Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8K ULTRA HD video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i was trying to load a 8k ultra hd video in premiere pro, but the premiere pro is not accepting it ... do i need to change any setting in premiere pro in order it will work?...

or it is not possible to load a 8k ultra hd video?...

how can i load a 8k ultra hd video in mac os big sur?... or what software i need to install?...

thanks & cheers,

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What created that video? What's the format/codec?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neil,

it is mp4 format ... per information tab it should be AAC,av01 ... i downloaded the file in youtube "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuNPNnXaRY&t=371s"...

thanks and cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download/install MediaInfo ... then drag/drop the file onto that app's icon on the desktop.

When MediaInfo opens, go into that app's "tree view" ... make a screen grab of the video section, and post that in your reply. It will tell us exactly what is in that file ... format & everything.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neil,

the video info is attached for your reference... 20210611175523.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the file to ProRes. MP4 files from Youtube (& just in general) are horrible to edit with.

Your media is 34mins long, I would personally take it through Media encoder and select sections I am going to use and transcode only sections I need for the edit.

Import the transcoded media in to your project and you should be able to play and edit the new files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avidwarp,

that is what i hope i could do it in premiere pro ... but premiere pro not able to handle this video file ... so what apps could handle this video file for me to get the video section i need?...

thanks and cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing anything outta whack there. Is that on an external drive? Just checking for data.

And I like the suggestion to use MediaEncoder to transcode this file to something PrPro could work better with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to put the video files both external and internal drive ... but premiere pro not working no matter the video file is in internal or external drive...

my question is should premiere pro be able to handle this video file or not?...

how could the media encoder be able to handle this video file if premiere pro can not handle?...

thanks and cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Wong,

Sorry about the trouble. It may have something to do with your computer system. You didn't include any info about that. Can you, please?

As your moderator, please keep in mind also about the legality and ethics of using another person's footage. It is illegal to do so according to YouTube. We on the Adobe community don't condone doing so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing its the AV1 format that is not compatible with PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have download YouTube videos at 1920 X 1080 to add commentary to them using Premiere Pro. It is legal to do as long as you stay within the fair use guidlines. That being said you are taking a risk of violating copyright laws if you don't know the guidelines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The guidelines are too vague regarding fair use. It is better to steer clear of using others' material, (especially on YouTube) if you wish to have a career free of legal jeopardy, and wasted time and efforts (at a minimum).

My career has spanned over 40 years now. Success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines