• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Track audio/video to sequence

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It there a way to add a new audio or video track into a sequence?

The way it would be used it to import footage into an existing sequence, but create a new track and import the clip onto that so that nothing would be overwritten?

Is this possible or offered yet?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

As Andy points out, the only way to do such track insertion today requires the unsupported QE DOM API.

That will change, with our next major release...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add tracks using the unsupported and undocumented QE (Quality Engineering) sequence method "addTracks' ... it would be something along the lines of:

app.enableQE();

var activeSequence = app.project.activeSequence;

activeSequence.addTracks();

... though I'm afraid it's not something I've used and I don't know the appropriate arguments needed.

Are you familiar with using reflection to discover properties and methods? The QE DOM is an internal / private API used by Adobe's Quality Engineering team for automated testing purposes. As noted, it's not publicly supported, documented nor recommended ... but theres quite a lot of functionality in there for those willing to dig around.

Good luck.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Andy points out, the only way to do such track insertion today requires the unsupported QE DOM API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce Bullis wrote

By my calculations, this "next major release" refers to Premiere Pro CC v12.0, which was released a few months ago. Any word on this? I've added a feature request but would love to close/delete it if the APIs were already available!

[EDIT]

As andymees@aje​ points out, this is somewhat manageable through the very unsupported QE [Quality Engineering] DOM. The specific commands to run are:

// Tell Premiere Pro to inject the QE DOM object "qe" into the ExtendScript global environment.

app.enableQE();

// Grab a reference to the Active Sequence. This is not the standard ActiveSequence type you

//  typically access in Premiere Pro APIs. It is a QE-specific version with a long list of

//  custom APIs.

var seq = qe.project.getActiveSequence();

// Add Track(s) to the Active Sequence. Testing has shown that the integer value passed in

//  specifies the Number of Video Tracks to add. The API will ALWAYS add one Audio track. You

//  can add just an audio track by passing in 0. From what I can tell there is no way to add

//  a video track without also adding the audio track.

seq.addTracks(0);  // Adds 1 Audio Track and 0 Video Tracks

seq.addTracks(2);  // Adds 1 Audio Track and 2 Video Tracks

seq.addTracks(8);  // Adds 1 Audio Track and 8 Video Tracks

There may be a way to add a video track without also adding the audio track (or even a way to add a specified number of audio tracks with no video tracks), but I've not divined it. Please note that the above appears to work on Premiere Pro CC v12.0.0. No guarantee that this works in any other version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that next major version has come and gone, and track additions haven't made it into the light of day.

I was wrong; it remains in the backlog. You now better understand why I usually write "We PLAN to change that in the next version".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bruce+Bullis  wrote

You now better understand why I usually write "We PLAN to change that in the next version".

Hah! I literally thought that I might have missed something because you didn't mention that!

I says to myself, I says "That Bruce fellow is usually so careful! So particular! Guess this means that it's already added to internal builds of their 'Next Release' branch..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Would really love to be able to add track via ExtendScript. And I'd REALLY love to be able to add video and audio tracks independent of each other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Any update on this? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this solves the issue, but i just dragged a new video into my sequence, which created a new audio track below my track 3. so now i have 4 audio tracks. i remember adding an audio track being easier...maybe i just can't find what used to be more obvious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great way to force additional tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ther anyway to add additional Video and Audio tracks that are stacked directly on top of each other as opposed to separated by V1 and A1? I am trying to do this so that I can move cut portions out of the way (either up or down) without having to separate the A and V tracks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think that will ever happen. Even with QE you can only add tracks under the curent ones and its been 4 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps, I kind of worked out some of the parameters for seq.addtracks().

There are : seq.addtracks( how many video tracks add, after witch video track add them, how many audio tracks add,

the type of aidio track to add (0 - mono 1 - stereo 2 - 5:1), after witch audio track add them, how many submix tracks add  the type of submix aidio track to add (0 - mono 1 - stereo 2 - 5:1))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines