• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding subtitles - text panel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2021. When I add subtitles to a video it is necessary to use the text panel. However my text panel does not sit neatly in the Adobe Premeier Pro workspace. Instead it always floats as a very large freestanding panel. It covers 3/4 of the workspace!

Capture.JPG

This is really annoying. I shut other panels but I cannot place the text panel neatly in the workspace. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

That is odd, since you were seeing it before.

First, just Window -> Text to see if the Text Panel opens. Note that whether open or not, there is a bug that the check mark does not appear next to it in the Window menu.

If the panel is not docked, remember that to dock it, you should be dragging the panel name, and not the window.

Also, if that doesn't work, do you have Transcriptive or similar? See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/text-window-in-captions-workspace-doesn-t-appear-in-premiere-pro-15-1/m-p/11998130#M343653

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Captions workspace. Then reset to saved layout.

Let us kow if that helps.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan

When I tried this the text entry panel disappears. So I cant enter any text!

Capture2.JPG

You're help is mcu appreciated.

Jude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, since you were seeing it before.

First, just Window -> Text to see if the Text Panel opens. Note that whether open or not, there is a bug that the check mark does not appear next to it in the Window menu.

If the panel is not docked, remember that to dock it, you should be dragging the panel name, and not the window.

Also, if that doesn't work, do you have Transcriptive or similar? See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/text-window-in-captions-workspace-doesn-t-appear-in-prem...

This could also be some service other than Digital Anarchy.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan

That works (the bit about dragging teh name!).

Thank you

Jude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to @Jarle Leirpoll for that tip!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Jarle Leirpoll

Jude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines