• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Encore is now asking for Serial Key since CC update?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to burn bluray discs for a bride and groom..

I really dont understand what is going on. I have a paid Sub to CC.  

CC recently did an update and my Encore is now asking for a Serial Key? Image attached. I contacted the "help" live chat, after being passed about 3 times, the end result was, come here to find an expert. So here I am. I have uninstalled CC using the remove tool. logged out. Then did a fresh install of CC and logged back in. But it keeps asking for a serial key?

I even tried using something alternative, e.g: Authoring Works 6 & Roxio pro 7.. but they all just over complicated. I want a simple menu happy to create in PS and export as jpeg, add text or image for link to the video... end of. 

Unless someone can help by getting my encore to work again??? PLEASE 🙂 Stuck for last 4 days. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed CS6 as an optional install with a cloud subscription

The ONLY way to use Encore now is if you have the serial number version of Premiere Pro

Since I understand you to say that you had Encore as part of a cloud subscription, not an individual purchase of Premiere Pro CS6, your use of Encore has ended

Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a disk and serial number for CS6 and Encore DVD but it still will not work. I should be able to us it on my local computer even if the servers are shut down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. The retail discs are locked, as well. The only way that you can activate the CS6 retail product now would be to call Adobe's support by phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know. I have been on the phone with them for an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They told me the servers are dead and it could not be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is new... I was not aware that the CS6 server had been shut down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used encore to burn a dvd the other day.   so I'm guessing as long as I don't delete the app, I'm aok?    But when I tried to launch encore cs6, it asked for the serial number.  but encore 5.1 still works.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They told me the servers are dead and it could not be activated."

I'd call back and try a different support agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone provide an official statement that CS6 activation servers are gone? I have not heard that. It has been some time since I last reinstalled, and needed to activate CS6, but I am having no problems, and do not recall this. 

MIT, support has answered such questions incorrectly before. Can you provide more detail on what you are seeing? You enter the serial number and then what happens? Are you getting any indication that it is an invalid license? We hear this from time to time: it was an educational license, or even after working for years, was determined to have been from a pirated source.

The problem I have heard most often in the recent past is that the install and activation went okay, but not the update of Encore from the basic installed version.

You say "a disk and serial number for CS6 and Encore DVD." I just realized you are not the OP that posted the screenshot showing Master Collection CS6. In any event, CS6 installations install Encore CS6 as part of the install of PR CS6. Only after you run Premiere Pro CS6 and activate can you activate Encore CS6. You call it "Encore DVD," which was no longer the name after about Encore DVD 2.0 (which was a standalone and also bundled, for the first time with PR CS2 - I think).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the exact same problem and also tried talking with customer support via chat and e-mail. The answer was a cold and short "Encore is end-of-life". I really think Adobe should do better. I understand that physical media is obsolete but Blu-rays deliveries aren't that rare to occur, sometimes we still gotta do them. I for instance still got some remaining projects to finish using Blu-ray. Too bad Adobe made that call and left us all hanging in the dark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the CS3 and earlier activation server has been retired, but I have not heard that the server for CS4-->CS6 is retired

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you bought CS6 in the past you can continue using Encore (which i did).

Good alternative:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start here: Creative Cloud apps ask for serial number

Sometimes it can be solved by launching the Creative Cloud app and sign out. Then, launch let´s say Premiere Pro CC and log in when asked. Now, try to launch Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally just happened to me today, I just used it last week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only put in a serial number if you bought the program several years ago.

If you got it through the cloud then its end of the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine, till yesterday I was certain I bought it via disc and can't find it, I had contacted adobe they only found cs3 purchase years ago, I pay monthly for the cloud for a good couple of years so now thinking back I must have had cs6 via cloud, but its been discountiued a while back I know that why has it stopped working sudden;y while it was working last week, there is no other DVD Authoring as good as encore they do need to bring it back.

The Wedding industry is booming couples always want a Bluray as well as an online copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does  TMPGenc Authoring Works 6 reincode the video files?  Encore CS6 did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does  TMPGenc Authoring Works 6 reincode the video files? 

No, if you import DVD compliant or Blu-ray compliant media TMPGenc Authoring Works 6 (TAW6) will not re-encode any files.

All MPEG2-DVD files and H.264 Blu-ray files exported from Premiere Pro are usable in TAW6. The only time it will happen is if you mix let´s say PAL and NTSC footage on a Blu-ray though the Blu-ray spec allows PAL and NTSC on Blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 have the ability to create an Image File like Adobe Encore CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not download the trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 have the ability to create an Image File like Adobe Encore CS6?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find where to create an Image File in Authoring Works 6.  Also, if I create an H.264(not H.264 Blu-ray) video in Premiere, does Authoring Works reincode the video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines