• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier pro 2020 is not support for NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Driver

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premier pro 2020 is not support for NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Driver. What is the suitable adobe premier pro version for NVIDIA GeForce 940MX driver ?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only download the 2019 and 2020 versions now. 2019 might work. If you had 2018 still on your machine, that would definitely work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no studio driver for the 940mx but there is a game driver

Version: 451.67  WHQL
Release Date: 2020.7.9

does that not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 440-series drivers, CUDA support for everything older than second-gen Maxwell (GM2xx) chips has been depreciated. Premiere Pro now requires full hardware support for CUDA 10.2 or higher in order to be supported. Unfortunately, your GeForce 940MX is only a first-gen Maxwell chip (GM108) whose CUDA support had been artificially restricted to CUDA 10.1 level even though it is running CUDA 11 drivers.

Worse, the 940MX has no NVENC hardware encoder at all whatsoever, and has its NVDEC hardware decoder disabled during manufacture. Presumably, the GM108 with an enabled NVDEC hardware decoder could have been used in the desktop GeForce GT 730 or a never-realized desktop GeForce 930, but Nvidia opted to not use that chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be nice to have a warning prior to downloading premiere when these kinds of changes take place. (Hardware requirements) In the marketing or something for non tech heads to say "oh I better not buy this PC and spend $3000 on it because its crap anyway and wont run Premiere", especially difficult when you have purchased a flat screen with everything inside of it. Its not like I can just open the box and replace parts myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a free trial so you can test premiere with your system before laying out any money.    and yeah, I'm not a big fan of system's that you can't upgrade.   If you've got an apple computer with thunderbolt, you can get an external enclosure with a graphics card that I'm sure would be compatible.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, if I havent bought the system yet, and adobe dont put a warning "needs X graphics card minimum" I buy blindly thinking "this Nvidea card rocks" not being tech savvy I dont consider that when I purchase the adobe suite thinking everything will work fine.

(mac) thats interesting, yea because I thought I can`t update my mac either, everything is welded inside and doesnt look like it can have its casing opened. Similiar to this flatscreen PC I have everything casesd into the back of it.

Lessons learned 🙂 thanks for the feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines