Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CC slow in response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgarded to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and I notice that it is very slow in response and there is like 10 seconds lag for every step I do. I notice my computer goes up to 30 percent of workload. The problem arises when I am going from one sequence to another sequence, it lags or copy something in a sequence and then it lags. I have been using CC for 4 months and I did not have a problems with CS6. But this really annoys me.

My computer specs:

CPU i7-920 3.6gHz OC

48 GB of RAM @ 1466Mhz

Quadro K5000 with latest drivers

5x2TB at RAID 5

250gb OS SSD around 140 free space

120gb SSD - Around 40 free.

My cache drive was 120gB SSD, even I change the cache drive to RAID5 drives, it doesn't make a difference.

Now, when I export to render to Adobe media encoder, it takes 10sec. It used to take a sec to do that with CS6.

Is there something I could change in the settings that would make premiere pro faster in response?

I am looking forward for your reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no user setting for this.  Something is wrong in your system somewhere, I just don't have a clue where to start looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system was fine with CS6 premiere pro. After I updated it to premiere CC, I am having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that.  I just don't know why.  You're the first I've seen report this issue.  My own two systems do not show this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply

I opened CS 6 project file and I was working on it on CC by adding videos and new sequences and there was this huge lag in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other reports of odd behavior for older projects opened in CC7.  Try a new project with the same media.  How does it perform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for the info

You are right. The problem is with opening the older projects in CC7. When I opened a new project and put some videos on it and edited them and exported to adobe media encoder. It was smoother as CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not bad, eh?  From "no clue" to "solved" in 6 posts.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/homer-excited.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol Yeah

Thank you for your time and your support, mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also been having issues with Adobe Illustrator loading, then lagging.

This is what I have:

Intel (R) Core(TM)

i3-4360 CPU @ 3.70 GHz

24GB (23.9 GB usable RAM)

64 bit OS x64 - base processor

What could be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in CC, I started the project in CC and it very sluggish, I hit the play button there is a delay (2-3 seconds0 and when I hit stop there an even longer delay before it stops (3-4 seconds)

When I did an xml export to CS6, there are no problems with playback or stoping playback.

Also I'm working on a music video with around 1,000 clips and over 900 edits.  No effects and the project

has been pre-rendered.  Once again I loaded this project into CS6 (via XML) and I'm not having this problem.

My System:

3.40 GHz, AMD Phenon II X4 965

32 Gb Ram

Nvidia GTX 570

500 GB Hybrid SSD (Programs)

500 Gb Hybrid SSD (Footage & Project files)

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and can't figure out what is going on.  CS6 runs excellent, CC is unbearable.  two second delay on almost everything.  It is unusable.

Windows machine:

-Windows 8

-Intel i7 970 3.2GHz with HyperThreading

-Solid State main drive (C drive)

-12GB RAM

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I noticed is that some Adobe processes don't clean up after themselves, causing the system to bog down. I only know this because my Premiere CC tends to crash frequently with my converted CS6 project so with every crash, I saw some duplicate Adobe processes running in Task Manager.  I noticed my CC project running slower and slower on inevitable relaunches, thanks to crashing.  So, my steps to recover from a crash are now.. 

1. Exit out of Adobe Creative Cloud from system tray. 

2. Kill all Adobe processes in Task Manager.

3. Restart Adobe Creative Cloud.

4. Restart Premiere CC project.

BTW, has anyone noticed that there are 2 'Adobe CEF Helper Project (32 bit)' processes running?  Are they duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks. I’ll give it a try. It sucks because we got halfway through a 12 disc exercise video DVD set before I really started noticing problems. I can’t copy and paste the clips into CS6 and an xml/edl export doesn’t recognize titles. So needless to say, I’m freaking out.

But thanks I’ll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Chris Thibault

CHRIS TEEBO FILMS

413-650-5524

<http://www.christeebo.com> www.christeebo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone noticed that there are 2 'Adobe CEF Helper Project (32 bit)' processes running?

That's normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5523914

Still unresolved.  I started my project in CC.  I've noticed ALL projects in CC start fast and start slowing down after only a few hours of editing.  Restarts don't help.  It seems once the project is slow, that project will continue to get slower the more you add to it.  You can remove some footage from your Sequence, and it might make things a tad faster, but... you've... removed some footage...

Hopefully everyone here has submitted their own Bug Report to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/‎

As my current project is at whopping 5 second response time on any action, I'm at a complete standstill until this is resolved.

Curious: does everyone who has experienced this problem have CS6 currently installed (not running, of course) on their machine  (I do)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. The major difference in my case, is that video playback is completely stopped, audio plays fine, but video will not playback in the viewer. I can watch the clips individually and scrub through the edit with no lag.

This is happening on 2 Macs and a PC. All have been updated to 7.0.1 and still no fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you guys who started the project in CC synced you're settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not sync my settings. I'm about to wipe everything and reinstall. I have CS6 still installed, but I'm uninstalling that as well, in the chance that it is lending to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sdzieglo

I advise you not to uninstall CS6 as I have already done that and it didn't help. Continue working on your CS6 until adobe fixes this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. . . Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdzieglo

I just wonder if this could be your problem, running both versions of PPro?

Maybe other's who are doing this could comment.  I was running CS6 previously but after verifying CC worked OK, uninstalled CS6.  I have run into issues with other software (Windows) where two versions of the same program were installed.  Uninstalling the old one has usually worked for me.

I too have run into problems with syncing.  I really don't like this idea tbh.  You can't beat having local settings with backups.  As with all technology - when it works, great, when it doesn't lots of frustration and hassle you just don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Have any of you guys who started the project in CC synced you're settings?

I have done a settings sync UP to the cloud and (maybe) a sync DOWN (not sure about that one).  Do you have a hunch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember reading about another issue that only occurred after a sync, so I thought it worth checking.

I have both CC and CS6 installed and often actually running at the same time, and have never experienced this issue.  Different versions of PP have long coexisted on the same machine, so I'm very skeptical of this as a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen I initially used CC version of PP I did a sync up as I have never saved settings before.  When I went into the program the other day it said it couldn't perform a sync, maybe the Cloud Server was down.  I'm just saying that can be a disadvantage with this type of backup system. 

My mouse and keyboard also use the cloud to store settings instead of how it used to work by storing them locally on a RAM chip.  If the mouse can't sync for whatever reason, it still works as a basic mouse but all other functionality, I.e. macros, button function is lost and it happens more than I would like.  And you are forced into this, there is no choice but its the best mouse for me ergonomically as I have joint problems.

if you are running both versions of the program concurrently with no issues, great.  But sometimes running two versions can be problematic and it can vary even between seemingly similar platforms.  I know with advances in programming this is not as bad as it used to be but that depends on how well it was written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines