• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2017 crashes when modifying clip's audio channels

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has crashed on me when I attempt to modify a clip's audio channels. I was editing a clip that had been merged, so there were three audio channels: one from the camera (my iPhone) and the other two from an external mic. Since the mic's two channels are not actually stereo, I wanted to deselect the 3rd channel. When I do so I get a crash message.

Even if I save it to a new project file, it's still unstable. If I try to double-click on a clip to load it into the source monitor, Premiere Pro crashes. I'm wondering if it's due to the clip having a "deselected" audio channel. I'll go back and test it. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

OK, tested it and sure enough, when I try to load a clip whose audio channels I modified into the Source Monitor, Premiere Pro crashes. Once I relaunch the program, save the recovery file as a new project (etc.) then right-click on the offending clip, select Modify Audio Channel and then RESELECT the audio channel that I had deselected, the clip no longer crashes the program when try to load it into the Source monitor. Seems like a bug.

Should add that I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, tested it and sure enough, when I try to load a clip whose audio channels I modified into the Source Monitor, Premiere Pro crashes. Once I relaunch the program, save the recovery file as a new project (etc.) then right-click on the offending clip, select Modify Audio Channel and then RESELECT the audio channel that I had deselected, the clip no longer crashes the program when try to load it into the Source monitor. Seems like a bug.

Should add that I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running El Capitan. Crash also occurred when I opened the project on my Mac at home running Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar issue on a Windows 10 box with Premiere CC 2018. Once I modify the audio channel it seems to completely brick the clip. Oddly enough, this wasn't happening yesterday when I did the same thing. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick update to this issue:

Cleaned the media cache, did a number of restarts, and duplicated the project file and renamed the new one. Forcing it to regenerate all those preview files seems to help to some degree but I couldn't pinpoint the specific fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not, I kept having the same issue. It turned out that I had my display size jacked up to 150% in the Display Settings on Windows 10 to 150%. When I dropped the size to the recommended setting (100%)..it Worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 5.10.43 PM.png

I had something similar, but it was also related to audio channels.  My import settings are USE FILE for multitrack audio.  It was bringing in ghost tracks, and when I got rid of them (changed the number of audio clips from 13 to 8), the crashing stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines