• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 Instagram Story export not working

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks! I am new to adobe premiere 2018 and very excited . Starting to use this for social account and trying to edit any video clib to 15 seconds and then export using 900 x 1600 aspect ratio. When i do that and then send the file to my samsung galaxy S8+ to upload as instagram story the file gives me an error.

However if i use the same file and modify it using an app ( reconvert it) like instashot then the file magically gets uploaded .

Below were my tests

1. Cut the file to 14 seconds ( same issue)
  2. Tried syncing it using drop box , google drive , 4 other pieces of software + local drag and drop - same issue
  3. reduced the size to 1-2 megs > same issue

I then tried the installed instashot app , converted the file to 1080p ( it was now 22 mb) and it uploaded with out any issues.

I followed several dozen  youtube tuturials and was not able to crack the issue. Because I am doing the exact same thing as they are and yet it works for them and does not for me.

I noticed that quite a few people have this issue with Adobe premiere on youtube so your help on this would be really resolving the issue for a lot of folks.

Below i have my render settings >

1.PNG

some part of me is thinking that this has to do with how instagram is detecting the video source > but i am not sure how to pin it exactly

thanks

Diego

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diego,

Try these settings:

Screenshot 2017-11-29 20.35.40.png

Then Match Sequence Settings when exporting. Works great for me. Try it and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Staff.... those setting doesnt work.

I need some special codec or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Would it be possible for you to include a screenshot of your export settings too please?

I'm also having a problem getting videos to upload to stories, via Android (and pc before that).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to respond in the morning. Would love to assist.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. Looking out for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do the same at you.. but noting work ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. And it's not just Instagram Story. I've exported in several different resolutions, at several different bit rates--all were recommended by various Instagram guides online. Every single time, I get an error from instagram indicating there is a problem uploading. HOWEVER, if I simply trim the file inside instagram for even a fraction of a second, it uploads fine. Has anyone solved this? I've had the problem for 6 months or so and it's basically stopped me from using instagram with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. I'm in that for like 2 or 3 week. Watching video and read forum.

Nothing work, so bad

I use the sequence exemple in that threads but nothing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My motion graphics business is now making quite a lot of promo videos for clients specifically for Instagram Stories and I'm getting exactly the same problem here. I'm also using Adobe Media Encoder and attempting to upload to Stories from a Samsung S8.

Any video I output from ME and put in my phone will not upload to Insta Stories. However, open that video file in the phone and save it again without making any changes, and it'll upload fine.

As TurboKaban said in the original post, even if the version which is saved on the phone is much larger than the original file output from ME, it still uploads no problem. I too have tried cutting down the dimensions, bitrate settings, duration etc. output from ME and it still won't work, unless it's been re-saved on the phone first.

So annoying! Not saying it's an Adobe problem, but there's something about the files ME outputs that Instagram just doesn't like and I wish I could work out what it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, i use a other and free Video Editor..
I do my work on Premiere then put the video on that software and just save it in the right size " 1080*1920 ... then TADA !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - just taken a video file out of Adobe ME - opened and saved in the free VLC Media Player using settings as close to ME as possible. Visually I can't tell the difference from the original and it plays perfectly in Instagram Stories.

Not a bad workaround, just wish I knew why it was necessary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was having a problem with exporting from Premier for IG stories. Uploaded videos would play and allow me to add stickers etc but IG would hang on "posting".  I tried different frame rates, resolutions and bit rates. Nothing worked. Setting profile to "baseline" was the only thing that worked. Interestingly I also have an S8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What works for me, as a galaxy user, is to download the file to my phone - then on the device click "edit" and then re-export the video ON THE DEVICE, before uploading to story. Seems like story doesn't like the files from premiere pro, but if you export it a second time on the device it'll upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no working! Exporting and on my iphone i cant open it, sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Diego,

Your sequence settings are incorrect. You need to export at 1080 x 1920. Try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines