• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 Unusuable - Crash

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just updated to Premier Pro CC 2014.2, and it's unusuable.

Drivers all updated, Windows 7 Pro. Intel Core i7 8GB Ram 64 bit

Application crashes within usually 1-2 minutes of launch at random moments:

Import transparent PNG 900px wide - instant crash

Import non transparent PNG similar size - no instant crash, can add transitions, but crashes within 2 mins

Import video sequence - instant crash on preview in media browser

Create colour matte - instant crash

Examples as follows:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.2.0.65, time stamp: 0x5486db4a

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000004

Faulting process id: 0x1ff8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0297d48ce56a9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.2.0.65, time stamp: 0x5486db4a

Faulting module name: igdrcl64.dll, version: 10.18.10.3960, time stamp: 0x54299cb8

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00000000000b7a16

Faulting process id: 0x83c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0297bd75304ee

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igdrcl64.dll

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Yes, you need to roll back AME as well to avoid codec issues, etc.  When you roll back/update, check and make sure that your project and format file type associations are correct -especially when having more than one version of the software installed. 

Adobe recently added the cuda dll to the 2014.2 install, (I assume to provide global support across the board).  You'll have to address specific settings in the Nvidia control for the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nick,

I had exactly the same problem. Crashes after 1-2 minutes of random activities.

I ended up going down to 2014.0 and then upgrading to 2014.1. Everything is working perfectly now.

If you are interested to do the same you can go here to get 2014.0: Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

And then here for the upgrades: All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Make sure you read the instructions carefully. The 2014.0 link does not work unless you follow the steps.

Here are my specs and error.

Win8.1,  2x Gforce Titan Black, Intel i7-4960X @ 3.60GHz, 64GB

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17476, time stamp: 0x54516b13

Fault offset: 0x0000000000037049

Faulting process id: 0xc54

Faulting application start time: 0x01d028ef6b52f9d8

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: bd89d792-94e2-11e4-828a-54271e6b4262

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this seems to be working after following your download instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick, Thankyou.  I followed your instructions and did the downloads.  So far I have been able to use Premiere Pro CC2014.1 with no crash.  I don't know what they did when they (Adobe)  sent out the up grade to 2014.2 but it just crashes for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly. Thank you! I'm not very tech savvy so if I could figure this out, I'm sure others will be able to, as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. WARNING! - DO NOT UPDATE TO PREMIERE CC 2014.2. - Stay with 2012.1 if you can...

2014.2 worked fine for a month for me, now it just crashes. I got help from help desk chat on Adobe support, they were very kind but they could not fix this. (the premiere pro staff in their support took control over my computer and tried to change rights on folders (running mac). That did not work.)

So now I am stucked with lots of work done with 2014.2. I have reinstalled 2014 a couple of times and it didn't work. I then downgraded to 2012.1, but then I can not open my projects!!  (I have to spend unpaid work time to again first install 2012.2 and then export in XML from 2014.2 and then downgrade to 2014.1 and then import XML files.)

I think this is so bad from Adobe that they call this release (2014) ONLY, and that it is not compatible between 2014.0-2014.1-2014.2 . Please Adobe, In the future of CC, be smart and make the minor upgrades just work in-between versions of the family (2014) in this case. I can not see the point in updating all the time, and then spending hours trying to fix workarounds because of a defect software...

This makes me want to go back to CS6 and never use CC ever again...   It was a long time ago that I became this upset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to this forum. I've bought a year plan with premiere cc2014.

And I am shocked how often this most recent update (2014.2) is crashing. It is indeed unusable. I've downgraded to cc2014.1 and it seems to work perfectly.

But what is the point of paying the cash for most recent software?

Is there any request page to directly contact people from adobe about serious issue with cc2014.2?

I remember, there were forums with good contact to adobe experts. I don't remember which one.

I also use cineform material, editing in realtime in 4k resolution, including realtime grading with direct link to speedgrade. It is all possible in 2014.1

But, actually - is there any new feature in 2014.2 that is worth the frustration for?

Right now I am staying with 2014.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz,

Sorry for your issues. That sounds very unpleasant.

Is there any request page to directly contact people from adobe about serious issue with cc2014.2?

I remember, there were forums with good contact to adobe experts. I don't remember which one.

Yes, contact our agents here: Contact Customer Care

Best that you wait until Monday, though. Our video experts are only available M-F 7AM-7PM M-F PST.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan - month ago I've tried to get some reply from Customer Care, but there is not possible to fix anything by phone. It is just switching responsibility between staff members. I call from poland, and polish Adobe experts know less than medicore premiere user. All these questions about "have you updated drivers" and stuff that I've done already. Exact Bug reports are useless for them, I doubt someone at Adobe customer care passes crash logs to software team. I don't feel Premiere has any working support. Users forum is 50/50% - sometimes you get answer, sometime not.

I want to buy another plan, but only if my problem with premiere 2014.2 (described earlier in this topic) will be solved.

I can even reproduce error and send a project but I dont know where to send it and how to sent it.

I would like to know - do you work on the 2014.2 bugs related to sluggishness and crashes on so many systems/users? I am waiting for a new update to be able to work again. I HOPE. Now I am paying for unusable tool.

thanks

nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem.

PP 2014.2, drivers all updated, Windows 7 Pro. Intel Core i7 32GB Ram 64 bit. NVidia 750ti

PP crashes. ALL. THE. TIME!!! Very very frustrating and essentially unusable. I can't finish my project so now I need to borrow someone's Mac and use Final Cut...

Please fix this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zervouli wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem.

PP 2014.2, drivers all updated, Windows 7 Pro. Intel Core i7 32GB Ram 64 bit. NVidia 750ti

PP crashes. ALL. THE. TIME!!! Very very frustrating and essentially unusable. I can't finish my project so now I need to borrow someone's Mac and use Final Cut...

Please fix this Adobe.

Zervouli - do you use Cineform codec? I narrowed down my crashes to cineform files, now trying to find solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, lukaszbanach, I indeed have been using the Cineform codec since I'm using footage from a GoPro.

Oddly, PP has been crashing less often after I selected HDV in the Project Settings->Capture->Capture Format and selected Adobe DV in the Preferences->Playback->Video Devices (which was the only option and unselected by default). I don't even know what these options do really, I just started trying different things to fix the problem.

Cineform must be pretty common since GoPros are ubiquitous now... It seems unlikely that Adobe didn't test for this, but who knows - their software is so janky. I had to reboot Windows just to get the main CC app to load...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am invesigating the cineform issue with adobe guy (I presume), I will let you know if something happens. I can crash any cineform file on purporse right now, even with very small 320x200 cineform avi, two or ten frames long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue with Cineform encoded files crashing PP 2014.2.  As soon as any clip with the Cineform CODEC is added to a timeline, PP will crash within 1-2 minutes.

Even if I create (from other types of video that are not Cineform) a Cineform output video clip via AME or PP and then add the output file back into the timeline on PP, it too crashes the program.  So on the face of it, PP has a real aversion to working with Cineform, period!  As a GoPro user as well, it's quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.  All this talk of rolling back...I'm on a trial subscription for 2014.2 and Premiere Pro is crashing more than it's functioning.  Getting behind with another project starting Thursday...about to bail and go back to my old software but I realllllllly was hoping to go with Premiere Pro.     Is there some kind of support for folks on a trial subscription to try to get up and running?  Hard to justify the $$$ if I can't get the software going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArnarV wrote:

Hey Nick,

I had exactly the same problem. Crashes after 1-2 minutes of random activities.

I ended up going down to 2014.0 and then upgrading to 2014.1. Everything is working perfectly now.

If you are interested to do the same you can go here to get 2014.0: Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

And then here for the upgrades: All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Make sure you read the instructions carefully. The 2014.0 link does not work unless you follow the steps.

Here are my specs and error.

Win8.1,  2x Gforce Titan Black, Intel i7-4960X @ 3.60GHz, 64GB

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17476, time stamp: 0x54516b13

Fault offset: 0x0000000000037049

Faulting process id: 0xc54

Faulting application start time: 0x01d028ef6b52f9d8

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: bd89d792-94e2-11e4-828a-54271e6b4262

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hey, I have similar crash and it is related to Cineform codec. Have you resolved crashes with cineforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I get crash in particular often while working with Cineform footage transcoded from AE, just a few actions or clicks.

H.264 timeline works well.

*Btw, 2014.2 update description says about "Cineform Export improvements". Could it be related?

APPCRASH

Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

time stamp: 5486db4a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

igdrcl64.dll is the intel graphcis accelerator.  You might have an issue with OpenCL.  What happens if you switch MPE to Software mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPE being Mercury Playback Engine - sorry I'm not a power user.

I guess I turn that off in preferences, or do I need to start a new project?

incidentally, I uninstalled 8.2 and reinstalled 8.0, but when I upgraded that to 8.1 it started repeat crashing again. (I had no problems with 8.1 before the 8.2 upgrade, but now neither seem to work.

I will roll back again to 8.0 to tomorrow after I have regained my temper and good humour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto file, project settings, general.  See if MPE is running in CUDA or OpenCL, and if so, switch it to Software.

Mercury Hardware Select.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. The latest update has had my Premiere Pro CC acting strange, too: crashing or changing the timeline, workspace, etc. Undoing the CUDA seems to have solved this terrible effect. Luckily, Media Encoder has no problems with CUDA. For your information: for the project for which this phenomenon got out of control, I too was using CineForm. While using AVCHD it was not as extreme, only a slight irritation, because the workspace became distorted whenever I opened a project, which was easy to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPE in AME works fine?  What graphics card are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Premiere has been running stable with it until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Nvidia Control Panel, check the application settings under Manage 3D and see if PPro is listed and see if you can adjust it's settings from auto to something that works.

Note: don't copy my settings, I have 2x 4GB Quadro 2K's.  You might have to dial it down a bit.

Nvidia Application Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing some values on the graphiccard, but it seemed a never-ending challenge to keep Premiere from crashing. So, in order to meet a deadlin, I continued working and saved the project every time I made a change. Lots of extra sweat. The last crash was when I tried to export to AME. The second attempt to export the project got to AME and rendered with CUDA. Perfect. Then I went to work on a second project and every thing went as smoothly as it should. Not a single crash in several hours. The main difference in the two projects: for the one crashing every few minutes, I was using a long clip I had rendered three years ago with CineForm. (Don't misunderstand, I like CineForm.) The project that caused me no problems was made up of a combination of AVCHD(MTS), mpg and mp4 clips. Every thing worked as smooth as silk.

Some time later today I will try checking the CineForm files by transcoding them and starting a new project.

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines