Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro is running very low on system memory

Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I'm getting since quite some time now (3 weeks?) this error message either in After Effects or PPro:

Capture2.PNG

It just doesn't make sense: I have 64GB of RAM installed and PPro and AFX Only use less than half of it:

Capture.PNG

My Specs: Win 10 Pro

E5-2630v4 2.2GHZ

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 

PPro just stops working and closes down.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Hi,

The OP never returned to their post. Since it's been abandoned, it has picked up a lot of unrelated posts and is causing search problems.

Here is the guidance I would give: if your project shows signs of corruption, like a memory leak, take action.

• Check the Auto-Save folder. Check for a backup project file in the Auto-Save folder. Is there a recent one there? If not, enable it in Preferences > Auto Save to avoid future problems. 
    • Enable the option to save a copy in your Creative Cloud f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the frustrating experience.

Are you using any third-party plugins? If yes, remove them temporarily.

You may try to delete media cache files to resolve this issue. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/...

Let us know if it works.

Thanks,
KRawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kartika,

I just literally formatted my entire PC and only run bare CC2020

Thanks

Jannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an acceptable answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the OP never returned, unfortunately. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on a fresh install of Premier Pro.  I have 128GB of ram istalled and am only using less than 30%.  I also have plenty of room on my cache drive (700+GB).  I have cleared my media cache and am still experiencing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse,

Sorry. Sounds like you may have a corrupt project. Try creating a new project and importing the legacy project into it. That may help. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled premire pro this morning and that seemed to fix the problem.

Best,

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am having the same problem. I have tried clearing cache files and uninstalling the app. It s with all my projects. Please help me.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem. I have 128GB and >1TB free NVMe space and get the same error message right when I start PP, before opening or creating anything. After launch PP takes only 1.5GB of RAM and 105GB is totally free.

After opening or starting any project I continously get 'Unable to create image buffer' messages but everything works w/o any visible problem. With my current project I have more than 40GB free memory but I get the image buffer message in every few minutes. I have a 10GB RTX 3080 card.

I cleared the cache and re-installed PP with no luck.

Br.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure Premiere Pro 2021 has MAJOR bugs in its memory / cache file usage. I am regretting starting a new project on 2021 as I've run into these bugs:

10980xo

Windows 10 up to date

512 OS NVME

2TB NVME CACHE

4TB NVME CACHE

30TB External Raid

Nvidia Geforce 2080ti 11GB On 462.59 Studio Driver

Low on System memory Crashes

(I have a mostly free 2TB NVME and a 4TB NVME as cache drives)

128 GB System Ram

18 Core 10980xe

JKL Crashes

PP2021 crashes on fast forwarding and reversing timeline playback using the JKL buttons with a 

Unable to Creative Image Buffer

Frequently happening

None of this was happening on 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution?  I've now installed both Pr 15.2 and 15.41 on FOUR (4!) different new laptops and on each one of them Pr fails miserably, closing on it's own after just a few seconds of opening a project (no warning, no error message, just poof, gone!).  I returned the previous 3 laptops thinking it was something wrong with them (2 MSI and 1 Gigabyte laptop).  I'm currently testing both Pr 15.2 and 15.41 on a FOURTH laptop (MSI GE76, Windows 10 20H2, 32GB ram, nVidia GeForce 3080 card with 16GB ram, 1TB SSD) and getting the same issues. 

I'm also running Pr on my 3 year old desktop (Windows 10, 32GB ram, nVidia GeForce 1070Ti) with NO ISSUES! 

I've reached the limit of my patience.  Why does Pr consistently fail on FRESH installs yet it works fine on my old desktop that has a ton of stuff installed on it, including several older versions of Pr?  Pr failing catastrophically on 4/4 laptops is getting to be rather ridiculous.

Any help is much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I solved this problem by increasing RAM usage to maximum in Premiere.

Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide detailed specs of your system, including your storage configuration as well as your OS and version of Premiere, as well as details about your projects and if you are using any plugins/effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The OP never returned to their post. Since it's been abandoned, it has picked up a lot of unrelated posts and is causing search problems.

Here is the guidance I would give: if your project shows signs of corruption, like a memory leak, take action.

• Check the Auto-Save folder. Check for a backup project file in the Auto-Save folder. Is there a recent one there? If not, enable it in Preferences > Auto Save to avoid future problems. 
    • Enable the option to save a copy in your Creative Cloud folder.
    • Enable the option to save the current project.
  • Check your project backups folder: Do you have any backups of your project file?
    • Many editors create a discrete set of backup project files daily at a minimum. You do this manually.
    • Saving backups is done in case the Auto Save function does not work as expected.
    • Use File Save A Copy for this function.

This case from the OP sounds like a project-specific problem that can occur with corrupt projects. You need to work with a backup project file (unfortunately, some of your work will be lost, and you will need to redo that part).

If you do not have a backup from the Auto Save folder or a discrete backup you saved, the advice is to create a new project and import the older items into it from the corrupt project file.

If you are experiencing similar issues, please try that step.

If that does not work, create a new thread. This thread is now locked.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines