Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Lower Third Templates no longer work in Premiere 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This after update to 2019.

I have some AE lower third templates that I use constantly in projects over and over again. A bit of animation withe text layers that once imported into PP the text is editable in Effect Controls / and then in the left tab.

Usually on update - I just have to open the original AE file, let it convert to the new version, save it with the same name - and I'm good to go.

This time that didn't work. The clips show as media offline in the timeline. And nothing shows up in the left tab of Effect Controls where usually I'd edit the text.

Have tried relinking (after converting the AE file)  - and in PP I get an AE Exception Error. Then the spinning ball of death and then a crash.

These templates are in probably 75 projects - redoing them all not an option (even if I knew what each of those titles said anymore!)

Hope someone smarter than me can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video shows what I was doing - except there was no need to export - you could just save the file as a normal AE file and import it.

Live Text Template Tutorial: After Effects to Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AngeloG,

Please upvote this bug. Sorry for the frustration: Live Text Templates that were working in PPro 2018 are not linking in PPro 2019 – Adobe video & audi...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thxt Kevin-Monahan​ - upvoted - but no one else has and I don't think it's going to be addressed that way. What do I do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something that's been acknowledged somewhere ... ergo, probably being worked on. I went & voted though myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Angelo. I really apologize for this problem. I believe we have a fix coming in an update shortly. I'll have to ask for your patience until then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - thx Kevin and Neil... standing by!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Just wondering if there's any update on this bug. I have over a hundred PP projects that use the legacy titler and AE Live Text Templates throughout. Those projects are archived and I rarely need to open them up.

But - every once in awhile (like right now) there is something that needs to be updated. I can't even see what the text in the banners that use the AE Live Text Templates said so that I can rebuild them using Essential Graphics.

What do I do?!

Many thanks, - angelo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Checking in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines