• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else dislike the Essential sound panel?

Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me personally I don't like it. Maybe cause I've edited so long manually having to do everything but it seems the auto match feature among other things just aren't that good. I can go to gain normalize max peaks to -10 on dialogue and get faster results that way than the auto match does which makes the audio ten times louder than I actually want it for the mix. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple ways to do everything in most NLEs, as there are in Pr.

I know some always do all their audio in Audition as it's so fast to get there and apply hefty stacks of presets, trim, back to Pr in 2-3 minutes.

Others drag audio presets or effects on clips and adjust.

Others love the ESP.

Some use ESP to quickly invoke a few effects then open the ECP where you can open and edit the full controls set of every effect applied within the ESP.

Take your pick, they can all work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a fan of the philosophy behind the Essential Sound Panel, making it easy for folks who don't have the training to do the work.

That's the kind of thinking I'd expect for Premiere Elements, not Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to use the normalize gain function and set it to what i want. Then I just move the volume handles up and down where I see fit. I normally normalize all my dialogue to -8 and then music I normalize to -18. Then I just move the handles of the audio up and down where I see fit. I know auto match is quicker in essential sound panel but I actually find that it screws up my audio. Sometimes it will make things more loud than I need them at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  wrote

I'm not a fan of the philosophy behind the Essential Sound Panel, making it easy for folks who don't have the training to do the work.

That's the kind of thinking I'd expect for Premiere Elements, not Premiere Pro.

That's exactly the philosophy I want from a computer. Let it do all the work, and let me take care of the creative. More power to the Essential Sound Panel, I say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let it do all the work

Like I said, that's a philosophy more appropriate to Adobe's consumer offering, but inappropriate for their professional offering.

By contrast, Resolve has added the equivalent of Audition to Resolve.  Far more powerful than ESP, but also requiring the appropriate training that behooves any professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my issue with resolve is a few things.

1. Can't burn DVD's which I need for clients and my business sells DVD's of my documentaries.

2. Can't round trip to izotope RX7 and send edits back to resolve like I can with Premiere.

3. Plugins I bought for premiere for 200 plus dollars aren't compatible with resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines