• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there tracker plugins available for Premiere Pro?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

are there any tracker plugins available for Premiere Pro so that elements such as images, motion graphics, callouts, etc. can be motion tracked within PP so that the PP/AE roundtrip isn't necessary?

I know you can keyframe masks but that's not as acurate as a good motion tracker. There are a ton of plugins available for Final Cut Pro X that have Mocha tracking integrated. Just wondering if there's something simliar available for Premiere Pro...

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

yes there is Boris FX Mocha Pro 2020: https://borisfx.com/products/mocha-pro/?collection=mocha-pro&product=mocha-pro

You can also do it inside Premiere Pro, Larry Jordan explains it best here:

https://larryjordan.com/articles/effect-motion-tracking-in-premiere-pro-cc-2019/

you can also use dynamic link with After Effects if you have it, and track inside AE,

especially if you have low res footage, not enough lit footage or if you want adavnced tracking...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you draw a mask with the pen tool in the opacity area of the effects controls, you can track it and premiere will sometimes do a decent job depending on the contrast between the object your background.   so in this example, I've roughly drawn the mask and then click on the forward button and it will track the mask.  You may need to adjust the mask to get better results.Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 2.15.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that wouldn't work. I'd like to track certain animated callouts and titles as opposed to masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes there is Boris FX Mocha Pro 2020: https://borisfx.com/products/mocha-pro/?collection=mocha-pro&product=mocha-pro

You can also do it inside Premiere Pro, Larry Jordan explains it best here:

https://larryjordan.com/articles/effect-motion-tracking-in-premiere-pro-cc-2019/

you can also use dynamic link with After Effects if you have it, and track inside AE,

especially if you have low res footage, not enough lit footage or if you want adavnced tracking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. The reason I asked is I'd like to track animated callouts and titles directly within PP, ideally with a plugin without having to make a roundtrip to AE or Mocha.

I'll see what the mocha pro can do within Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let us know please, a lot of people might benefit .. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased $279 the Mocha Pro 2021 PlugIn for Pr and it's "interesting" but so far I can't get it to do any sort of "text" tracking.  The manual is horrible, more just a reference list and the how to tutorials make NO mention of how to do text tracking.

Getting accurate tracks is VERY difficult in Mocha Pro 2021 ... lots of trial and error.  I'm guessing I need to figure out how to export track data to a mask path in my Text FX but so far no luck and even a google search failed to find anything.

The Mocha forums seem pretty deserted and not much information.

Sadly, manual tracking via Pr is currently the fastest way forward.  I haven't given up on Mocha Pro 2021, but so far it's been a waste of $279 for 1 year subscription.  I hope I can get it to work, but if anyone is looking for a quick and easy solution, it's not Mocha 2021.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been looking for years for something you can use simply within premiere and just found this complete game changer (as well as this thread when looking)

He does a tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcCJflw3Pg&t=3s

and you can buy it (for only $24.90!!!) here:

Mask To Transform plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro – Kamil Pekala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had been looking for years for something you can use simply within premiere and just found this complete game changer (as well as this thread when looking)

He does a tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcCJflw3Pg&t=3s

and you can buy it (for only $24.90!!!) here:

Mask To Transform plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro – Kamil Pekala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines