• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

As a paying customer surely I can revert back to Premiere Pro 2015!?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had some trouble with premiere pro 2015 so uninstalled the programme and then went to reinstall it from the drop down menu in creative cloud. I initially found that the 2015.3 version wasn't there but the CC (version 7.0) was. The following day I went on to creative cloud to download one of these previous version and found that I'm now only left with the option of CS6 or CC 2017 (11.1.4). How can this be? As a paying customer they can't just suddenly take away software you are using day-to-day! With photoshop for instance, they have all previous versions listed for download. Anyone know how to get Premiere Pro 2015 back? It's ridiculous that it's not there. Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

The removal of all Premiere Pro versions from CC 2014 through CC 2017.1.2 is due to the Dolby trademark licensing issue. You see, these now-removed versions of Premiere CC incorporated a full Dolby AC-3 encoder. All of Dolby's patents for the AC-3 codec have now expired as of this past March; however, the Dolby Laboratories trademark remained on these no-longer-available versions. And Dolby now no longer permits most software companies, including Adobe, to incorporate the Dolby Laboratories trad

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The removal of all Premiere Pro versions from CC 2014 through CC 2017.1.2 is due to the Dolby trademark licensing issue. You see, these now-removed versions of Premiere CC incorporated a full Dolby AC-3 encoder. All of Dolby's patents for the AC-3 codec have now expired as of this past March; however, the Dolby Laboratories trademark remained on these no-longer-available versions. And Dolby now no longer permits most software companies, including Adobe, to incorporate the Dolby Laboratories trademark in their recent, still-supported software products which included the AC-3 decoder and encoder. Adobe elected to instead utilize native OS support (Windows 8.1 or later, or OSX 10.11 or higher) for AC-3 playback (decoding); however, the OSes still lack native AC-3 encoding support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you keep the app download files on your computer? If so, go into the folder with your downloads, and see if the zipped file for 2015 is there. Some do, some don't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no zipped downloads via Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem there is if the thread creator uses the Creative Cloud Desktop app to install an application, all of the installation files are automatically deleted upon the completion of the installation with no way at all whatsoever to save those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RjL,

In "Advanced Options" you can uncheck the option to delete previously installed applications.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would not have helped the thread creator. It's the installation (setup) files, not an already installed copy of the  CC software, that automatically deleted, in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In rereading the thread, looks like I got the situation wrong. This customer deleted the application manually, it was not auto-uninstalled. I agree that this is a situation that needs a remedy. I will continue to advocate on behalf of users to return these applications to a place where they can be accessed.

Thanks for your continued assistance here.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps nothing if you have to install that exact version... but cloud doesn't give you this option. Its unacceptable that Adobe would not release a 2015/2014 version that the customers will be able to use. In collaborative environments its very important to have the same version installed especially because we open each others projects. Because of stability issues its policy in companies and studios to use a specific version. Bring the stable stuff back Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please file the bug/feature report, to get that list as accurate as possible. All filings are collated and distributed to the develop team managers.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Georgia,

Please see this related thread, and leave your feedback there:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

This is one big reason why the Creative Cloud direct download links are especially useful and important... Otherwise, you have no way of retaining installers and restoring your particular apps if Adobe takes them down.

Kevin-Monahan​, per customer request and need, will Adobe consider reissuing these versions (CC 2015.x and CC 2014) without Dolby included, as you did for CC 2017?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools,

per customer request and need, will Adobe consider reissuing these versions (CC 2015.x and CC 2014) without Dolby included, as you did for CC 2017?

I don't make those decisions and cannot answer that question definitively at this time. I do not have the authority. Sorry. I'm really only set up to answer and help with support issues around the application itself. Those decisions are made solely by the product team. .

I have reported the issue and will continue to advocate for the availability for previous applications on behalf of customers. I would suggest that all customers needing these versions file a bug report here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for directing me to that page. It's now clear that it's a known issue and that a fix has not yet been found. Lets hope adobe get back with this issue quick. It's totally unacceptable to not give prior warning. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines