• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio dropouts when reading from m.2 drive

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I work off my D:\ drive which is a Raid 0 made of two WD Velociraptor drives they have similar performance to a standard SSD. My footage I started working with some 4k footage, and I was not getting the video playback performance I wanted (1/4 Res). So I moved my cache files to my Samsung pro 960 m.2 drive. Video plays, beautifully but my audio tracks started to drop constantly.
Specs:
CPU: i7820x @ 4.8GHz
RAM: 32 GB @ 2133MHz
GTX 1070
C:\ 512GB Samsung Pro 960
D:\ 1TB Raid0
Z:\ 14TB Synology over dedicated 1Gb ethernet (footage is stored here)
For now, I've moved back to D:\ at 1/8 playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Jim_Simon, I wasn't aware I could do this I will definitely give it a go next time I have to work on my laptop.

I posted on another forum and found a solution that fixed my issues. the problem appears to be how Adobe moves the cache to a different drive. If anyone else has this issue here is the solution

Do this after you change your cache location.

1. Delete the contents of your new cache folder.

2. Reboot

3. Start Premiere Pro open any project leave it running for a while to build new cache files

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try working with Cineform proxies rather than reducing Playback Resolution.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim_Simon, I wasn't aware I could do this I will definitely give it a go next time I have to work on my laptop.

I posted on another forum and found a solution that fixed my issues. the problem appears to be how Adobe moves the cache to a different drive. If anyone else has this issue here is the solution

Do this after you change your cache location.

1. Delete the contents of your new cache folder.

2. Reboot

3. Start Premiere Pro open any project leave it running for a while to build new cache files

4. Reboot

5. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines