Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not in sync when importing avchd files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I subscibed have the latest version of premiere 15.0 I believe.   When I import my avchd files I have an audio sync issue and can't figure ouit why.  I have my old cs6 version and when I import into that I don't have any sync  issues.  Is there something that i need to do differently?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  i know you need more information.....

64 bit

windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8 core processor

16gb ram

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 more thing.  Please will someone from adobe let me know what to do.  i have 18 shows i have to edit.  I input my mts files and they are all out of sync.  I don't care if it's a work around of a workaround, I just need to get started and I can't with this sync issue.  Please help.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc,

AVCHD is a legacy format that is supported, however, the audio contains codecs which are no longer supported by Adobe (but are still found in legacy versions of Premiere Pro). These audio codecs are now supported by a computer's OS. If they are not, you can try standard troubleshooting like deleting media cache, deleting preferences, and even using Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling the application. Feel free to upload a sample file and we can check sync for you.

If you still run into any trouble with the format, you have a couple of workaround options from what I've read over the years.

1. Transcode the audio portion of the video files in place. I've heard that there is shareware out there that can perform this task.
  2. Transcode the video file to ProRes, DNxHD/HR, or Cineform.

Hope you can get it working again. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestions.  Unfortunatley noneo of them worked and I tried all of them.  i also tried some other work arounds that others suggested and still no success.  In my findings I did however find something that did work.  I odn't know why it works but it does so far.  i haven't done in depth editing yet but this is what happened. 

*-I imported the mts files to premiere cs6 and let them fuilly confirm.  I saved the project and exited the program.

*-I then opened premiere version 14.0 and imported the same mts files.  It didn't reconfirm and when placed in the time lione plays perfectly.

*-I then did the same thing with the latest verion and agin didn't re conform and is in perfect sync.  

The only thing now is that the audio lines are blank.  Like I don't see the graph that usually shows up, howver I'm willing to have it like this rather than nothing at all.  Will update as I go along.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep making copies of everything as you keep gettig it going. Make a copy of the whole folder when you get a working solution. With that said, you can try 'render audio' from the Sequence menu which may help in getting the waveforms back.

This thread may help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/audio-waveform-not-showing-visually/m-p/10231981

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.  It turns out the wave form is there but you have to expand the timeline out which makes it a bit harder to edit.  It only shows 4 seconds worth in teh time line.  if I try to bring it down it dissapears.  No idea what to do on that.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make the individual tracks as tall as you like without regard to zooming in or out of the timeline. In the track header part of the timeline (on the left) drag the dividing bars up or down to resize the height of the track. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't work.  If I go further out than 4 seconds the waveform will disappear.  In a test that i did..I deltyed the waveforms and let it reconfirm.  teh waveforms were correct but now we were out of sync again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had today exactly the same problem. I figured out that it is highly important to import the video files directly from the sd card you recorded on. 
At first i copied them to my ssd  and than my 20min file got seperated into 2x 10min. That means to me that there got some important infomation lost. So i imported within premiere pro directly from my sd card and copied the media to my prefered destination. 
Now everything functions how i expect it. 
From my POV the filestructure which gets created by Sony AVCHD just needs some special treatment 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, johanness,

Thanks for the note. I can relate to your frustrating problem. After copying the entire folder to your SSD, you might try importing footage from the Media Browser. For card-based media that has been the go-to method for importing footage. Give it a try and report back. I hope the info helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines