Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync AFTER importing

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how are you?

I've been searching for a solution for a while, but I can't seen to find any.

The thing is... I've been capturing some gameplay footage, with files that last an hour or even more.

When I watch the files in any player (Windows Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classic) they play fine, the audio and the video seems to be on sync and OK.

But after I import to Adobe Premiere, it just gets out of sync. Even when I watch in the Source Monitor, before dragging to the timeline.

It looks like there is a problem when conforming the audio.

But even the time duration is different from the original, there is some frames or even seconds of difference inside Premiere.

And this happens with different codecs, AVI (from FRAPS), H.264 (with AAC audio and MP3)...

I've tried cleaning the cache, deleting the software and reinstalling again, converting - everything.

Some are saying this is a recurrent bug on Adobe Premiere. Isn't there any fix or something that I could do?

It's really strange that the problems only occur AFTER importing. Outside of Premiere is fine, so there is no problem with the capture, right?

I would really appreciate if someone helps me. Thanks a lot!

PS: I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.

Intel Core i7

12 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 580

HD 2 TB 7200RPM

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Hey I don't know if you've found an answer to your problem from someone else yet, but I have had the same problem before, and I've finally found a fix that I'd like to share. I downloaded a video converter called Handbrake. (Mod 2021 update note: You can also use Shutter Encoder, which has more features and codecs than Handbrake).

In Handbrake I imported the video I wanted converted and changed an option from "variable framerate" to "constant framerate". After my webcam footage was converted i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

We've got a tutorial here on how to fix it when working with screen recorded footage! This helps with other non-camera formats too like Zoom recordings or gameplay footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and issue still not fixed. I tried with both Shutter Encoder and Media Encoder and the problem *still persists*. I'm absolutely fuming that you wasted already an hour of my time due to your inability to fix an 11 year old problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf this is INFURIATING! I pay way too much to not have a basic import behavior like this handled intuitively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than wasting time venting on a ANCIENT thread, I suggest creating a new post with your specific details including the media and what created it.

This is typically easily fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue. You can click the video/audio in Premier, right-click, and hit unlink. Then you can shift the audio to match up with the video. I had a weird thing happen to my phone-recorded video and halfway through there was a weird glitch and it made the last half unsynced. I tried to encode it using Media but it didn't fix it. When you're done shifting the audio, you can right-click and relink it so you don't accidentally move it. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most phone and screen recordings are VFR, variable framerate. The number of actual frames per second constantly varies. And this causes havoc in an NLE that expects CFR ... constant framerate media.

The audio is recorded "straight time" though. So typically as the video is played at can straight framerate, the audio will drift.

So converting those clips to CFR in Handbrake or ShutterEncoder before using in Premiere is the actual complete fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me when I had multiple MTS files which were part of one shot (so 4 files each 10 minutes, shot as 1 video of 40 minutes). The first MTS file was fine but the next 3 were out of sync.

This can be solved in 2 ways:

• As this is part of an AVCHD file/folder, import the entire AVCHD file into Premiere and select the first MTS file. Premiere will see it as one big file.
  • If you can't import the AVCHD file/folder, concat the files with cat:
    cat 01150.MTS 01151.MTS 01152.MTS 01153.MTS > camera1.MTS
    Import the concatenated file and the audio will be in sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines