• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio "disappears" in Pr CS6

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a tremendous amount of trouble with a particular project in CS 6.

PC, Win 7 Ultimate

Nvidia 4000

32GB Ram

Red Rocket Card

CS6 Prod Premium

Sony MXF 4:2:0, 35Mbps files at 29.97p.

I have a project, that has about 20 clips in it.  I edited the piece, then pushed the video into After Effects to do "treatments" brought them back and want to make an output. 

However, when I play the timeline back, audio seems to disappear!  By that I mean, if you open the audio track, there are waveforms... however, when playing "over" that clip, no audio is heard! 

Take a look at the image:

Mitchwood.PNG

I've been experimenting with various work-arounds... I've used the "match frame" to find the exact spot in the source monitor... then I choose "repalce clip with source monitor" and the audio is replaced and plays... The trouble is when I fix one clip, another pops up.

Even wilder:  Some clips play a portion and then the audio stops suddenly in the middle of the clip!

I've shut down Pr and fired it back up.... that works sometimes... not always.

I've rebooted... works sometimes, not always...

Now the system is hanging up and crashing! 

I'm trying to get the project out!  I have the client in the room, and this is not looking good!  "Why don't you just use Final Cut Pro like everyone else?" 

I'm looking for answers and solutions.

Thanks,

Curt

Worth noting:  I had both CS6 and CS5.5 installed on the system when this project originated... I had so many system crashes, I decided to remove BOTH last weekend, run a registry cleaner and then reinstall CS6.  That seemed to clear up many issues, but not the dropping of the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on PC and have the XF300, and have not seen this error since I upgraded to 6.02.

/Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I found a solution for PC. The audio channel assignment got lost. If I mark the audio tracks and chose Audi Channels, the assignments are lost and I can reassign each of the 6 or 2 channels. Now the audio is back!

Claus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't double-post.  Duplicate post deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to bump this thread. My relationship with adobe = I intended to make a short for my film school application with the trial version of PrPro CS6. I filmed it single camera on a Panasonic GH2 and a Rode Videomic.

There are terrible audio issues. The audio will sometimes cut out randomly while previewing a clip, until I close and reopen. This happens a lot especially for clips that exceed 1-2 minutes in length. Furthermore, after editing everything on my timeline, previewing the sequence also has completely random audio drops. I don't understand what's going on, but it seems like this affects enough users to be a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy shit, this problem has been around for 3 years, and there's still no fix? I just had almost all my audio vanish on me on a short project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines