• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Select Clip with playhead

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this will be an easy query to answer.

I would like to have premiere auto select a clip on the timeline via the playhead position.

Eg: if I'm using the up & down arrows to go to next and previouse edit, I want the clips to auto select when the playhead jumps to the next clip.

I'm in the process of coming over from Avid but i really miss this behaviour in Premiere.

Can Someone help me out?

Kale.

Mac

Pr CS6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Check/uncheck this option: Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done.  Selecting requires a click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F8: that was EXACTLY what I was looking for coming to this thread. THANK YOU. I found it annoying how the new APP15 was selecting clips at the playhead. Feature disabled. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me but I was working on a very urgent project so I just had to deal with it and it actually turned out to be very helpful. Somehow the feature got disabled and I was looking for a way to enable it again. After you get used to it, it can save you a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was driving me bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This somehow turned on this morning and it mucked with my process. You have made work a bit easier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you! This was driving me crazy. Not a helpful feature if you are zipping around using keyboard commands. Now if Adobe would just allow every command to mapped to the keyboard or an icon on the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new feature to Premiere Pro CC 2015. This didn't exist for the OP in 2012 with CS6. I marked it correct for the current CC 2015 behavior. I hope that's OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue...I have no idea how this function became enabled, but I need to turn it off. I've tried hitting F8 and clips are still being selected at playhead. Can you please advise? Help appreciated, thanks. - G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was answered three posts above:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Didn't see the edit. Thank you for reiterating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done in Audition? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead is great but the one thing that tripped me up was making sure that the video tracks that I wanted to select were turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread because I am trying to do the exact opposite. The playhead seems to auto select the clip it is over and it is annoying the crap out of me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines