Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVG Antivirus blocking all my CC apps

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CC members,

This mainly an information to a seemly common problems, but if you have any suggestions my questions are at the end. Thank you.

I have a new PC, Windows 10 / 64 bit installed. I installed all my required CC apps (Pr, Lr, Ps, Ae) and used them very well on my fast machine (sorry, it's just a good feeling).

Later on, I decided to install AVG Antivirus FREE.

After that, none of the Creative Cloud apps where able to open.

• Opening Premiere Pro, I get following message: "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video modules. Please update your Video display drivers and start again"
    The starting image freezed at loading ExporterQuicktimehost.prm
  • After effects was crashing just after opening
  • Lightroom and Photoshop couldn't open at all

There are many topics about this issue on the forum. All relating to Graphic card issues, BIOS issues, ... I tried the proposed solution but no change in my problem.

After long reflexion and testing around i uninstalled AVG and now i can work again! Problems are gone.

Does anyone have the same problem with AVG?

Which free antivirus do you recommend?

Did I do something wrong in the setup?

Thank you in advance for any help/info from your side.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Hi,

Here's a KB doc I just wrote: AVG software causing errors

For now, we're recommending disabling or uninstalling the software.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn it! I uninstalled AVG, so I can not check if it works (but I am sure it does)

I installed BitDefender free, and it is great (very light on a system,not very much options though ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using AVG, here are instructions to add exceptions to ignore trusted applications, files and site.  While I don't use AVG (I use Norton) an ignore feature is pretty much standard fare for most AV.  You should be able tolist all the CC apps, including the CC installer.

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlName=How-to-exclude-file-folder-or-website-fro...

If the above doesn't help, then post a question in their forum for a direct answer and then share that will the community here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

You see, I already tried excluding everything in AVG (I mentioned it in one of my posts before). The probelm is - nothing works: Audition.exe file, whole folder under program files/adobe, or folder adobe under user/[username]/appdata/roaming. So it must be something that is not in those folders.

The Vinay Dwivedi fix would probably work as it considers all links, and that option is actually new to AVG compared to previous version. But I can not try it, because I have installed Bitdefender free AV.

As for that part, BD AV is much, much, MUCH lighter on the system, and also it starts much, !much less services than AVG. Copying files to or from USB flash media is, like, zilion times faster (I always thought my USBs were slow, but it was AVG ). Also, I have infected old computer which infects the usb-s, and BD catch the virus every time, also I tested on few other infected files that I have, so it is fair to say it doesn't lack reliability compared to AVG. It just lacks couple of options, e.g. - excluding specific files or folders, or whole computer scan setup (it has pre-defined setup that works ...)
Anyway, I'm gonna stick to bit defender for now (or until it lets some weird virus infection in )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the better apps will have a learning mode and when first installed, will ask/bug the user when an app is run first time to either allow or block it's activities.

Not everything is perfect.  I'd rather see someone switch to a better AV than dropping it altogether.  I use McAfee at work, Norton at home, (BTW, Norton is free for Comcast subscribers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm telling you guys...the built-in Windows Defender is just fine, and doesn't cause any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, you went from advising using no AV to using Windows Defender, (which BTW, has earned marginal scores compared to others).

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/‌

So then you do agree that some virus protection is warranted.

Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, you went from advising using no AV to using Windows Defender

Just for clarity, my advice was to not install any A/V software.  Windows Defender is built-in, and is plenty sufficient if you know what you're doing.

I maintain that recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem start a couple of days ago & am using paid version of AVG Internet Security. Spoke to AVG & suggestion was to define exceptions for CS6 apps that have the problem. This solved the problem. I thought the AVG app may have been corrupted, so I uninstalled & reinstalled. Problem still exists. I think this may have started after an AVG App update, so I'm hoping a future update will fix it.

Cheers

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just got off the AVG remote assistance with no luck. Adding every Adobe folder and every app to the exceptions makes no difference. Only disabling the protection does the trick. Tech support will elevate the case to Tier 2 to see if they can find a solution to the problem. So, I'll keep you guys posted on any development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here's a KB doc I just wrote: AVG software causing errors

For now, we're recommending disabling or uninstalling the software.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines