• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Export Settings for 1080HD for Projection

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am close to completing a 15 minute video, for a commercial client. Most of it was shot on a Canon 5D3, with a 1080p HD sensor.  The client at least at the moment, wishes to project the The video onto a screen via a DVD player connected to a projector.  We have discussed using a 70 inch TV but this seems to be out of his budget range.

Can anyone advise me on the best export settings, from premiere pro,  in order that the video can be put into a format for showing via projector, onto a large screen.  I haven't exported for projection before and most of the advice online seems to be for YouTube presentations.

I'm also not sure about how I will get a large exported file onto a DVD? A 480p version of the video was over 800MB.

Any  advice is welcome as exporting for this type of end use is new to me.

Thanks,

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

DVD is, by specification...

NTSC = 720x480 with PAR .9 to display at 4:3 or PAR = 1.212 for 16:9

PAL = 720x576 (I don't do PAL, so don't know PAR settings)

That means that you MUST reduce your resolution to fit the specification to use a DVD

Export using the MPEG2-DVD preset and import the 2 files (audio and video) into Encore for authoring

How to get Encore using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372985

-an option to check to see more previous https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2426726

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD is, by specification...

NTSC = 720x480 with PAR .9 to display at 4:3 or PAR = 1.212 for 16:9

PAL = 720x576 (I don't do PAL, so don't know PAR settings)

That means that you MUST reduce your resolution to fit the specification to use a DVD

Export using the MPEG2-DVD preset and import the 2 files (audio and video) into Encore for authoring

How to get Encore using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372985

-an option to check to see more previous https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2426726

-and more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2389056 see reply #3

-and even more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2409527 see reply #1

Somewhat dated now, but still some good information

PPro/Encore tutorial list http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1448923 has lots of tutorial links to help learn Encore

If you want TRUE high definition video, you can't use a DVD... but you can export using a different preset and copy the output file to a USB flash drive and connect it to the USB port on a TV (new, with that connection)

That will, however, preclude having a menu... it will be a simple play the file operation using the TV menu

Unless, of course, you want to use Encore to write a BluRay... which means using a BluRay player, not a DVD player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, much appreciated. I think that Blu-ray would be an option, and I presume that I will still need to use Encore.

The client is insistent on using a projector, but they have not been able to find one that will take a USB flash drive as of yet. So  The options at the moment seem to be DVD or Blu-ray. As always, any further advice is welcome.

If I go quiet for a while after another reply, it's because I'm on GMT and it's approaching 2 AM.

Thanks again, Stephen

p.s. if I export for Blu-ray, should I use the same settings as advised above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a BluRay burner, but I do know that the MPEG2-DVD preset will NOT create a high definition file, only standard definition

I'm sure there are Blu Ray presets, but you will have to check the export menu screens to find one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a Flash Drive many times.  The video quality is excellent.  Unfortunately, not all TV's can play an MP4 File.  I have a TV that does not play MP4 video.  However, I have a DVD/Blu-ray player that has a USB port on the front of the player.  Insert the Flash Drive.  You will have to use the Input Button on the Remote to find the location of the Flash Drive.  Use the DVD/Blu-ray Remote to play the MP4 file.  It should work the same as if you were playing a DVD or Blu-ray disc.  Most fairly new players will accept the Flash Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to go the route that I have suggested, use the H.264 setting in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. That sounds like the option to suggest to the client.

Can you, or anyone else, recommend any other settings or presets that I should use along with h.264,   to export  1080p video?

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the H.264 output I always use the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Michael, however, I don't see any default options, per se. Under the H.264 there is a drop-down menu for "presets". It's really those (and ones for Audio) I was wondering about, as I don't really know where to start. I can't see one for "home cinema" or "projection" etc. Would "match source - High Bitrate" work OK?

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with forgetting about DVD or even Blu-ray for this usage, just go with the .mp4 file. One playback option is to get a USB Media Player box. I have a Western Digital WDTV unit that I got many years ago, don't know if they still make them. Just checked Amazon, search for USB MEDIA PLAYER, plenty to choose from.

Basically, these small boxes will have a USB port to connect a USB stick or portable hard drive with your clip(s) on it, and an HDMI output to feed the display. A remote control and on-screen menus allow playback setup options, such as looping.

One thing of concern to me, is that I don't know if all displays can handle a 24p source via HDMI or not, as it's not a broadcast spec so that would be something to check. Might possibly need to export at a different frame rate, but as I never shoot 24p I'm just not that familiar with that situation.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I found some options for the Media Player on Amazon UK (I'm in Ireland).

Sorry to be obtuse, but if I went down that route, would I use "H.264" and "Match Source - High Bitrate" as the export option?

All the help is much appreciated.

If anyone wants to know about photography, just ask - I've written text books on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Match Source and TEST TEST TEST to make sure it will work for your application. Aside from exporting for Blu-ray or DVD, where the settings must be very specific, there is a lot of latitude when creating an .mp4 for computer playback. More of a "whatever works for you" thing, not necessarily right or wrong settings as long as the playback quality and file size suits your needs.

I actually just use the YouTube preset quite a bit myself, seems to work well for most needs. Of course, then you must make sure the frame size and frame rate are appropriate, where Match Source would take care of that for you.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff

Where, though, does it say that match source will be a .MP4 file? Is that something I have to set in the export window or will it automatically save to .MP4.

Sorry for the silly questions.

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose H.264 as Format, and that is always an .mp4 file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is a best projector of 1080 50p option in any avi wrapped codec , please correct me if I´m wrong

A same as source or qt ref export to, as example and as mentioned , Squeeze , and then encoding to a mp4 file using x 264 or x265 ( = hevc ) is one option.

But we need more info , with high quality Hd tv screens , do you mean broadcast , please clarify what the target goal is and you might get a better answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines