• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big issue with background waves during interview

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can sure use some input. I'm working on a short doc about a blind, open-water swimmer. I'm kicking myself for doing an interview too close to the shore and, of course, loud waves rolled in as the interview progressed. I tried using Essential Sound in Premiere, but it only dampened the wave noise slightly, but not enough to use the interview as a voice-over for b-roll (audio doesn't match, as video shows swimmer deep in ocean, with voice over we hear loud waves. It's jarring and won't work. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks! 

-AL

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hi @AJLeibman,

Thanks. Since Enhance Speech was not working in Premiere Pro, I was wondering if you could try Adobe Podcast, a browser app outside of Premiere Pro.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 4.59.43 PM.png

Check out "Enhance Speech" https://podcast.adobe.com/

I hope that might work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AJLeibman,

Thanks for the question. I'm sorry that Enhance Speech in Premiere Pro is not working for you. Can you Adobe Podcast as a test? It's the browser version of Enhance Speech. See if it works better. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin. I've attached a screen shot of my Essential Sound settings. Just to clarify my original post, I meant to say that the blind swimmer does swim deep from shore, but he's tethered to his sighted partner. Anyway, thanks for any additional input regarding settingsEssentialsound_screenshot.png. -AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AJLeibman,

Thanks. Since Enhance Speech was not working in Premiere Pro, I was wondering if you could try Adobe Podcast, a browser app outside of Premiere Pro.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 4.59.43 PM.png

Check out "Enhance Speech" https://podcast.adobe.com/

I hope that might work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, 
Enhance speech is cleaning up some other audio clips, but it's having a hard time with waves at the shore. ok, I'll try it in Adobe Podcast and hope for better results. Thank you. -Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is a VO I would post sync the dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that suggestion.
-AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines