• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blu-ray Error: "device error", Code "3", Note: "CreateStcSequence: Fail to write M25 File.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error message about 11gb into burning a 22gb Blu-ray. "Blu-ray Error: "device error", Code "3", Note: "CreateStcSequence: Fail to write M25 File." I have tried just about everything from running as administrator, starting a new project and changing the disc too. I am using CS6 and going crazy... any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

It worked for me! I built my project to a blu-ray image, then burnt a disc from the image with no issues. Maybe that is what you need to try then too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the sessions files?

The sessions files should be present at : \<ProjectLocation>\<ProjectFolder>\AuthorScriptHDMVSessions\

First close the project, quit Encore, delete the files present at the specified location and then reopen the project.

Sometimes burners might also go in some inconsistent state. So you might consider turning off your burner and then turning it on.

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ram,

After buring for 3 hours and only 13 seconds left to complete, I got this same error.

As for the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions file, it does not exist anywhere on my drive, let alone the project folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I did a build to "blu-ray image," then succesfully burned a test copy, from which I also received the error above when trying to burn directly to a disc before. I am currently building my real project (22gb) to an image and will try to burn from that and see if that works too. Ill keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky, I don't know if you have read my thread  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4490390#4490390

but I am having the same issue. Right now I am trying with a brand new BD writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me! I built my project to a blu-ray image, then burnt a disc from the image with no issues. Maybe that is what you need to try then too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use imgburn once you were out of encore?

i'm having same issues and trying to find a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone show me a software for MAC to record "Image bluray" or "ISO"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the usual Mac option is Toast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I ran into this a couple of years ago and after a bunch of searching learned that Encore no longer will burn direct to a BR burner like it used to.  As others have commented, you can use Encore to author the BR, then, when the project is ready, output an "image" rather than burn. Then use a program like imgburn (The Official ImgBurn Website ) to burn the image to disk.  This has worked consistently for me for the past couple of years.

I too wish Adobe would "fix" Encore so it works again as that would save time in the process. The disk is not yet dead and we burn them for trade show kiosks and other uses on a regular basis.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh,

I do not have a folder or files named AuthorScriptHDMVSessions anywhere I can see in the project location folders. Under transcode folder there are files called myproject_sessionFiles_asf_session_1_video are those the ones I should delete? I am on a Windows 7 Ultimate (64), CS6 version of Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a folder or files named AuthorScriptHDMVSessions anywhere I can see in the project location folders.

You only get the authorscript folder after you build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I try to build a folder then? I do not get as far when making a disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had been burning blu ray discs through Encore CS6 without issue until this week when we suddenly received the same error code mentioned here. Of course this happened on a client's job.

We called Adobe and they suggested a work-around by creating an image file, as mentioned by others here.

The final piece of the puzzle I found is once that image file is created, find the file and right click on it. This will allow you to burn multiple copies of the HD blu ray OUTSIDE of Encore. This strikes me as a daft way to work around a problem with Adobe's software but it does work.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that.  Just saved my life on a client job with overnight courier on the way here for pickup.

Daft it is, but also not in a way.  You can drop an .iso file on a drive and send it anywhere for duplication, even if just to move it over to another suite/machine for copies.

Cheers,

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can Adobe give a solution for this problem.

I burn a dvd from the same project, that goes well, but when i will burn a blu-ray it wont work, i get a blu-ray error code 3..........

I'm using adobe cs 6 and export my project by, adobe dynamic link to go to encore

Regards Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no solution as such, and there is no longer an Adobe presence on this forum. Can you build to an image? If so, use the workaround of burning the iso with a program other than Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really makes me feel good about Adobe.  What ofter software is available to burn blue-ray from the beginning, completely independent of our friends at A?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that Adobe's Encore was based on the Sonic authorcore; it was never "independent." And many of the popular consumer options also lost their licensing when ended by Rovio (that bought Roxio/Sonic).

One of the few left: Sony DVD Architect
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvdastudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Stan, how do I burn blue ray image into a blu ray disc, just like burning a document?

because right now i'm trying to do that and 'im still in the process of saving blu-ray image 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment on your specific error thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I already burn into Blu Ray

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I just save the project as an ISO image then load it to NERO to burn...works just fine. The problem comes with Encore communicating with the optical burners. And remember, Adobe no longer includes Encore with it's packages or Creative Cloud. It's a legacy application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First try to create Bly Ray Image Under option 'Output" Select BluRay Image, and also select the destination to create Image and click on Build, It will create a BluRay Image with extension of .iso. Now to burn BluRay Disc, you need to Select BluRay Disc under 'Output' Option and Below under 'Source' Option select BluRay Image instead of current project and Select the destination where you have put .iso Image, Then click on Build and it will burn BluRay disc.

In simple , First create an Image then Burn that image to BluRay .

I hope, it will help you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for the help here.  Solved my problem.  I'm a bit disappointed that Adobe won't support this and help us avoid the extra time for this workaround. All of the marketing speak talks about how integrated and easy Adobe CC makes our lives, but this is an exception.  While I understand that DVDs and BRs are becoming less used, we use them a lot for trade show displays.  Sure would like to have Encore burn the DVDs and BRs direct again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines