• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[C++] How to debug DLL presense/absense causing plugin not to load? - Where are the logs?

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing a plugin using C++ and trying to link to a bunch of my internal libraries (which in turn, depend on external libraries like abseil, licrypto, libssl, zlib and curl).

Calling into a function for one of my subprojects—to use CMake terminology; which I'm using for its build-system—doesn't result in an error, but it's not called. Trying with a different function in a different subproject and then the plugin never appears in the "Export" menu (although it is loaded from the start screen… I'm building an ExportController).

Where are the log files for this, or can I somehow enable logging?

(I've attached the Visual Studio debugger on Windows but that's not assisting here… I've also looked in "%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\Logs" to no avail)

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

>Is there some way to get more information as to why it can't be loaded?

Not from PPro.

The recommended approach = start from a loading example project, and add new linked components one at a time, testing after each addition. This will tell you what component is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that doesn't resolve the issue.

All the log file tells me is:

> The library could not be loaded.

Is there some way to get more information as to why it can't be loaded?

PS: My C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\<name> directory has pp-plugin.prm (also: pp-plugin.exp, pp-plugin.ilk, pp-plugin.lib, pp-plugin.pdb), zlibd1.dll, libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll, libcurl-d.dll, libssl-1_1-x64.dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>Is there some way to get more information as to why it can't be loaded?

Not from PPro.

The recommended approach = start from a loading example project, and add new linked components one at a time, testing after each addition. This will tell you what component is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines