• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I apply a video effect to a track?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came over from Sony Vegas Pro 9 (which kicks —, but has bad native support for DSLR files).

In Vegas you can apply effects to video in three ways:

1. A whole clip in the project media bin (automatically applying such effects to all timeline events using this clip).

2. Individual timeline events.

3. Entire video tracks (automatically applying such effects to every clip on the track).

Is this possible in Premiere CS5? I find it hard to believe that it's not possible since it is such a useful thing to do. For example, what if you have a bunch of footage that you want to look grainy but you don't want to apply the same effect to every timeline event from the clips because it is time consuming and creates many sources of change if you want to tweak the effect settings?

Mod note: Warning. Do not use profanity. It is against our community guidelines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

MIght want to look at Adjustment layers.

You can put that over an entire track or just part of.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to look at Adjustment layers.

You can put that over an entire track or just part of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an idea that kind of circumvents your problem. (I realize I am posting in 2024) If you put the effect on one clip in the track, then edit the parameters to customize the effect to how you desire. Then paste the custom effect to all clips on the track. If you want to adjust all of the individual effects on the track, (just like how a track effect would work) then select all clips and right click selecting "remove atributes". Finally, remove the effect you created and then re-paste the re-adjusted effect to all the clips on the layer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines