• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a shortcut to mute a single clip?

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to mute clips instantly with a hotkey. Right now when cutting out cursing from a file I chop both sides of the bad word then click the audio line and drag it down. I feel like a hotkey would be a lot faster and more precise because I have a hard time clicking the line quickly and if I go too fast I end up accidentally grabbing the clip and bringing it the track under it.

With a hotkey (like in Vegas) I would just press the key and have it  instantly "-infinity DB" to whatever audio is selected. Is this possible in premiere?

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Not quite what you want but the '[ and] ' keys will change the audio by one db and using alt+[ ] will change the audio by 'The Large volume Adjustment' that is set in the Preferences-Audio tab. This can be made to 100db which will effectively mute the track

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite what you want but the '[ and] ' keys will change the audio by one db and using alt+[ ] will change the audio by 'The Large volume Adjustment' that is set in the Preferences-Audio tab. This can be made to 100db which will effectively mute the track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

why not just map "enable" to a shortcut key.  That's what I do.  This will toggle that clip on and off...  Just make sure if it's part of a clip with video that you have linking turned off..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines