• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't place certain sequences into bins.

Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird one. I have multiple sequences of the same video in one pproj. (just how I keep myself organized). I'm able to move most of my sequences to their proper bin, but there are 3 that aren't allowing me to. Not sure what their common denominator is. I don't believe I'm doing anything differently, just the usual click & drag.

Any thoughts? Not a huge deal - but I'd like to stay organized, and make sure this doesn't happen in the future when I need it.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

I'm inclined to think it's a random glitch.

Have you tried sorting things in Icon view at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Ann!

Maybe? I'd have to wait until I wrap up this project, so I don't inadvertently mess anything else up. That might take a couple weeks. I also see an update for premiere & a bunch of CC apps, but I've been holding off for the same reason. (I'm on PP v12.0.1, Build 69)

If I don't have a solution by that time, I'll try re-setting preferences. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim! Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll click and drag the sequence over the bin, and this is my cursor (see attached image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me the full Project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at liberty to reveal names, etc. But the sequences already in the bin have the same naming structure as the one I'm attempting to move in this image. I create them by duplicating the old version & renaming the sequence.

I can move any of the other sequences in and out no problem, just v1.4, 2.2, v3(most current). Side note -  I may be a little OCD keeping all of these versions, but I've been burned before with clients asking for something way back in edit process. I do it because it's easy, light on storage, & saves time if I ever need to go back to an earlier edit. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Nothing is popping out at me here.  Can you move that sequence to other bins?  Can you create a new bin and put it there?  Is that the only sequence that won't move?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't move that sequence into any other bin, even a new one. This is only happening to those 3 in a row (v1.4, v2.2, v3).

There is an update pending for PP, but I'm waiting this project finishes up before diving in. There's also a new issue with an extension that popped up this week, and the creators of the extension recommended updating.

Again, it's not HUGE deal. I like to stay organized, especially with long-term projects, but i can live without placing these sequences in bins. I'm just hoping this doesn't devolve into more serious issues. It's a weird thing to even happen in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm inclined to think it's a random glitch.

Have you tried sorting things in Icon view at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

To your point that it's a random glitch, today it's working again. Haven't updated or anything. Go figure...

I really appreciate all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, tried sorting via icon view, didn't help, the  move icon is still /'d out. 

My poor bins are not 100% organised and this pains me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not solved? It is 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very rare glitch. I've never had it, and this is I think the only thread on this problem. 11 posts in two and a half years.

First thing with odd behavior is to dump the cache/media cache database files, relaunch Premiere. Delete/Trash Media/cache files

Next is the ol' Trash Preferences option.

If that hasn't done it, create a new project file, import the old project into the new one. Or maybe do this before trashing preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I appreciate your help and suggestions.

I tried both options about resetting premiere and deleting the media cache, but it didn't work.

I am editing a TV show, I won't be creating a new project; this can't be an acceptable solution. Adobe Premiere is a professional software, I really think it would be ideal for them to investigate it.

I know that has been two years and it has only 11 posts, but not everyone is vocal about issues they find on premiere. I guess many users just don't bother to come here to comment on why they can't move a sequence into a bin; or most of the issues that happen to them. 

It is not a life or death situation, but it is bothering me as the sequences are piling up.

I hope someone at Adobe can come with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When projects get a corrupted bit in them, the normal process is to simply make a new project, then in Media Browser navigate to/import-ingest the previous project assets.

Takes what ... 2-3 minutes?

And it gets past a lot of things that can happen. So it's always worth a try. Fast, clean, safe, and may well fix something.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines