Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Customizability V15.0

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First off, congrats to the team on the release of such a great redesign of the captions workflow. Great to see these steps taken, including the transcription feature, that does a great job getting a lot of information processed fairly quickly. 

Here is the issues I am having with the new workflow. We have multiple clients who call for captions to have a colored dropshadow off of the background. I've currently made a custom MOGRT that creates the background, then adds a drop shadow that I can choose the color on. As you know, I cannot integrate this MOGRT with any SRT, so a lot of hand-created work in PP. 

I'd love the ability to add an effect to the captions layer (C1) to add a drop shadow. Currently, I can add a drop shadow to the text, which then creates separation from the colored background, but I can't choose the ordering to put the drop shadow in the back. 

I am also repeating some other posts here requesting separate lines for captions, rather than a bigger BG that encompasses the entire text. 

CAPTIONS_ADOBE.PNG

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to submit a feature request for this. And then post the link here so it can be upvoted.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've since discovered a workaround that will get your drop shadow behind the background box. It does not help with separating the background to be per line. Well, it could, but I think it would be a lot of work....

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

In the sequence with the caption track, you set the background. Without a background there, it will apply the drop shadow to the text - which you can already do in the new caption/EGP settings.

In the sequence you nest it into, you apply the drop shadow.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Stan,

Thanks for that! Definitely a step to take in the meantime until this gets sorted out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines