• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017: An unknown error occurred while opening the project.

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple days ago I spent all day editing a project. It's about 10 minutes long and consists of all iPhone videos - various frame rates and resolutions. It came out great and I closed the project for the night. The next day I came back and tried to open the project and after the loading bar completes, I get the error: An unknown error has occurred while opening the project. Other projects open normally. New projects open normally. But this one does not. I am so upset and frustrated about the lost work.

I went to my recent auto saves and they give me the same error. If I go way back in the auto saves, they will open normally but that was before many hours of additional work on the edit.

I made a new project and tried to import the old project and I get the error: The importer reported a generic error.

I used Media Browser to view the project and the window where I should see everything is blank, even after the loading bar finishes.

I used Project Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools which thinks it has repaired the project, but I get the same error when trying to open it.

I used CS Repair from Digital Rebellion's Pro Maintenance Tools to trash Premiere preferences. No help either.

I googled the error message endlessly and although the same question has been asked, none of them got an answer.

Please advise.

Premiere 2017.0.1

macOS Sierra 10.12

2012 Mac Pro 12 core 2.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 780 6GB

32GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 234 Replies 234
Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sebastian check your PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I have a problem like the one above ... I really beg to help Mr. Mohsen .... I hope you can read my message ...
this is my project sir, i hope you can help me .. thank you so much before
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AirBjyDcEcs87vZ1QyCvi9HOMPOd-q_P/view?usp=sharing*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Mohsen. So what with the application? Were you able to finish it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsenagha, i got the same issue with no backup files, any way you could work your magic, thanks.

file link: Dropbox - Euro 10 08 10.prproj

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another successful recovery from Jakarta!!

anyone with this problem just send your files to me

Gusti-recovery.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you bro for fixing my project, you are my savior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another recovery from LA

Hope you never ever face with this problem again Chris

rec-chris.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsenagha,

I replied in another thread but wanted to be up-to-date. I've run into this issue and you're the only person who seems to be able to diagnose this issue and I would be very thankful for your help. If this is salvagable, you may've saved my life.

Dropbox - 211 MTD Project Folder CD 01.02.18 DUP.prproj

Thanks!!

-Casey (crossing fingers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casey, Let me check your file first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another successful Recovery

Thanks to GodGeofrey recovered.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen Aghaei,

I have a similar issue with my project. I was trying to open the project with alot of works and patience. But, i couldn't fix it. It says "an unknown error occurred while opening the project". At first, i had spent a month to make this project, and i have my auto-save disabled because i thought it won't be like this today.

Sorry for your time, but this is my only hope. I don't want you to lose your activity because what issue i got.

Please tell me if you can fix this and have time to do this work, i will send my project soon if you want to help me.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I WILL check it till tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another successful recovery from New York

Kevin-Fixed.JPG

I am still available for this kind of error 3/2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very generous of you to help all of us! May I send you my corrupted project file as well please?

I will send a dropbox link via pm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

I will check it right now.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 8:45 AM michaelwrithe <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Thanks very much! another successful recovery.

Additionally: file size before recovery 182mbs. after: 5mbs.

oh my! Thank you, Mohsen Aghaei​.

Adobe really needs to provide a tool to correct this or prevent it from happening in the first place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mohsenagha - my name is Lorenzo and I have a similar issue with my project as these  people on this thread. Any chance you would be helping me out?

Dropbox - The_Other_Side 20190426.prproj - Simplify your life

thank you so much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I will check it right away.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 4:46 PM lorenzoc15950232 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Sorry to say this but unfortunately the "Warp Stabilizer" effect damaged

your project permanently. It is not recoverable because a big portion of

your project is missing.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh that's really strange.. I used the warp stabilizer on just one clip in a 16 minutes timeline.

Thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen, could I please also ask for your assistance? I am getting a really weird issue where all my clips from an old project have been jumbled around when opening it in my current version of Premiere, I have tried downgrading without success, the version I originally used (12.0) is no longer available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me to check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen,

Just sent you a PM and email. You have been very kind in supporting people on this forum.

Adobe responses to this issue have been very poor, post #91 is a pathetic example of this.

Adobe needs to offer proper support for this issue immediately - that Adobe support staff do not have the skills is no excuse, users pay hundreds each year to use your software and this issue has been ignored for half a decade when it could have been solved by running it up the ladder to the Adobe dev team to provide documentation on how to XML repair the project files. I haven't had many issues with Premiere software and will continue using it however I was shocked to see the lack of support on issues such as this one. Lucky that Mohsen has been here to save everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines