• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy playback in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started experiencing choppy playback in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2020.  The video plays in fast forward and the sound is chopped up.  Almost like I am scrubbing the video.  I am running an Intel Core i9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 32GB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro, GeForce RTX 2080 TI.  I have a 2 TB SSD and a 6 TB HDD.  I have tried moving my videos from one hard drive to another and re-imported them to see if it still plays choppy and that did not fix the issue.  When I open the videos without Premiere they play fine.  I have also tried importing older videos that have worked previously on Premiere Pro and those have the same issue.  When I export the videos the videos play with no issues unless I import them back into Premiere.  Please help.  Thank you.

Example:

https://youtu.be/KLL11zl7xAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Thank you. I figured out where the problem was.  I went into Preferences/Audio Hardware and changed my default Input to Microphone.  That was what solved it.  I don't even know how that changed on me.  Thank you again for y our time. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test your computer to find out how well it will work
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/
-Benchmark test program available for Premiere Pro CC2019 and CC2020
Some things to do, and more information needed for someone to help...
-Troubleshooting https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Unofficial-Premiere-Pro-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/87892...
-PPro Editing Information FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-What-information-should-I-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I figured out where the problem was.  I went into Preferences/Audio Hardware and changed my default Input to Microphone.  That was what solved it.  I don't even know how that changed on me.  Thank you again for y our time. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear tw30032289,

After 2 days, file transfers, phone calls, disk clean-ups,  (including a 6-hour defrag), un-installing, re-installing, going back to older versions, reading dozens of messages boards/watching support videos,and considering using a system restore point.......I came across this post and my 2-day old problem that almost made me quit editing altogether was fixed in 30 seconds......PRAISE YOU SIR!!!!!

--Harmony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much, fixed it for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a strange thing to cause the choppyness. Thank you so much for your solution though! It helped a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines