• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer's running out of space . Can I move my project to an external Hard drive?

Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

My friend is generously letting me edit on his laptop. I'm working with a 150 GB's of wedding footage.  However his computer's hard-drive is nearly full and thus I'm unable to copy the files to his Computer. He has around 30GB's left on his main drive. He suggested that I bring an External Hard-Drive over and do the editing from there. I'm not familiar with the process but agreed.

Long story short I brought over an External Hard-Drive with all of my wedding footage copied on to it. I created my project and started copying files from the External Hard-Drive and putting them into my Project in Premiere pro.

I now realize the files were being stored/sent to his Computer's Hard-Drive as I worked on my project. His computer prompted me with a message telling me his Main Drive was nearly full now with a few GB's left. So in conclusion my Project never was being edited of the External Hard-Drive

(Meanwhile I thought the project's data was being edited and confined on to the External Hard-Drive)

I must have missed a step or two when setting up my Project.

My question
is can I move the whole project on the External Hard Drive, like I first intended, and continue editing there without having my files going on to his Main Hard-Drive?

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

External drives are for storage and not designed to be the work drive... Your mate will have his temp folder internally (normally the C drive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines