• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crash while loading importerquicktime.prm (WIN 10)

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new OS Win 10 Pro - specially for CC 2019. During the work on one project I get BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER. - after restart  I can't run Pr. They crushing at loading importerquicktime.prm.

Tried:

-reinstal Pr

-Adobe CC cleaner

-restore system

WORKAROUND: I read some tips:

1. create new OS user
  2. log in on new OS account
  3. works!

But how do I repair that bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

This Youtube video helped me!!!

Premiere CC 2019 Quicktime Crash Fix - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

virus,

Can you find the file here? %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json

If so, please remove it and see if the situation returns to normal after restarting Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I dont have time to wait. I reinstalled OS on the same day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that deleting this file on the user account that's preventing Adobe Premiere Pro will work to fix the problem:

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags

If you can't get there, go to any open folder and at the top under View;check show hidden files.

This file will NOT delete just by right clicking and deleting it. It will say it cannot be deleted because it's in use. Even with closing all Adobe related files in task manager, it still was unable to be deleted because 'System' is using it.

1. You have to force delete it either through your command prompt, or by installing a program that does it for you.
  2. I used a free program called lock hunter: https://lockhunter.com/download.htm
  3. https://lockhunter.com/download.htmAfter you install lockhunter, you can right click the SharedTags file and go to 'What is locking this file?'.
  4. Then lock hunter will open and if you open the 'system' dropdown, it will reveal the SharedTags file.
  5. Select the SharedTags file (Not system)
  6. Hit the delete button below.
  7. It will tell you that you STILL can't delete it because it's in use, so it will ask if you want to delete it when you restart the computer, say yes.
  8. After the restart, it will say successfully deleted.
  9. You'll now be able to start Premiere pro.
  10. Premiere Pro CC will automatically put back in a new SharedTags file into the Essential Sound folder, but this time since the computer didn't crash while in Premiere, that file didn't get corrupted, meaning all is good, until the next crash, which you'll then need to redo this process.

This is a perfect example of how Adobe loves to introduce new features (Essential Sound) that causes conflicts with other parts of Premiere that used to work perfect. In this case, the new feature wouldn't even let Premiere start up.

Adobe, can we please all agree that you seriously need to do FULL testing before new features are introduced?

We should not be the ones having to go through this, Adobe should be finding these bugs out, fixing it and then releasing the NEW and IMPROVED version. Or at least name your new releases 'BETA' for 6 months, until they have been fully tested by Editors who are willing and fixed by your engineers. Maybe you could hire a beta testing team for each new release specifically for testing. I can guarantee Adobe would easily make far more money by spending a bit more up front because the customers would be HAPPY using your software. Right now it's a giant pain and it seems more and more everyday we're searching for alternatives. Premiere is AWESOME when it works. Unfortunately, it doesn't work awesome all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Will,

Very sorry for these issues. I'm glad we were able to help you get to the heart of the issue and that your steps will definitely help others too. Sorry for the frustration around this nasty bug. I will make sure that we get a bug filed and provide a knowledge base doc so that others can be helped.

• This is a perfect example of how Adobe loves to introduce new features...
  • Adobe, can we please all agree that you seriously need to do FULL testing...
  • We should not be the ones having to go through this....
  • Adobe should be finding these bugs out
  • until they have been fully tested by Editors who are willing and fixed by your engineers...
  • Maybe you could hire a beta testing team
  • Right now it's a giant pain
  • Unfortunately, it doesn't work awesome all the time.

We are in support. I'm afraid that we can't do much to address your complaints about the dev process or quality control around Premiere Pro, though I do understand your frustration and need to vent that out.

Suggestions to developers are better made here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3271 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps Please direct your efforts for feedback to the devs there.

Very sorry for the frustration around this issue. I hope we can provide a full fix in an upcoming update of Premiere Pro.

Thanks for understanding,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's actually a lot Adobe can do. It's a choice that customers are left testing and reporting for you, instead of spending money on producing quality products, and getting it right on the first release. As you deal with all the time in these forums it seems, you are VERY aware of how unstable it is and how many complaints there are.

Ultimately, it was you who pointed us in the right direction, so thanks for checking these forums and helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

There's actually a lot Adobe can do. It's a choice that customers are left testing and reporting for you, instead of spending money on producing quality products, and getting it right on the first release.

• The developers are in charge of quality control, fixing bugs, and handling feature request. It's best to leave them feedback on user voice.
    • User voice is not a great place to get quick advice or "how tos."
    • User voice is not a great place for 1-1 support.
  • These forums are better suited to solving quick "how to" problems.
    • The forums are not a great place to complain about the quality of the software.
    • The forums are not a great place for leaving bug reports.
    • The forums are not a great place for leaving feature requests.
  • The call and chat queue are best for solving issues you need 1-1 support with.
    • The call and chat queue is not a great place for "how to" issues.
    • The call and chat queue is not a great place for bug reports.
    • The call and chat queue is not a great place for feature requests.

As you deal with all the time in these forums it seems, you are VERY aware of how unstable it is and how many complaints there are.

Yes, I do report back to the team about certain trends and issues, as does call and chat, however, the forums are not well suited to giving the team feedback. That's what user voice is best suited for. Sure, you can complain in forums and to our call center about quality issues, but it's not as effective as engaging them directly.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand what you're saying and that Adobe has created an area for Users to request features.

I understand that Adobe has a call/chat 1 on 1 service as well. However, others spent 5 hours with Adobe support 1 on 1 and Adobe blamed Microsoft at the end and couldn't solve the problem. This forum proved to be the best place to find a solution when Adobe Support could not.

I've used the feature request area, not sure if that's what User Voice is, but I've voted and gave my thoughts on multiple posts, but as others have pointed out there, even high voted feature requests don't seem to be implemented on new releases. More importantly, a high  voted post there is about the need to have Premiere much more stable, but Premiere hasn't become more stable. Each release is about as buggy as the last, so it's my opinion that Adobe doesn't really seem to implement things into Premiere that Users request.

The video link I shared earlier proves that when Adobe sent 2 people to a pro Editor's place and still hasn't implemented many of the requests he had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ERELse_QY&feature=youtu.be&t=12103/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FO6ERELse_QY%3Ft%3D12103

This forum would be a good place for Adobe to equally consider getting feedback from, is all I'm saying. User's thoughts are expressed better and issues can be explained deeper here because of the nature of it being a forum. Without Adobe's input within this forum (Your help), we wouldn't have been able to find a solution. Unfortunately, it took a while to get to though because Adobe has established this forum to be user to user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I, too, am running into the same issue here, with the error loading the importerQuickTime.prm in WIN10.  This is a new computer, given to my son just two days ago.  Adobe CC was installed the same day, and was working last night.  Today, with no crash noted, he runs into the error.  Running as Administrator, or as a second user, have all produced the same result.  Additionally, the Essential Sound directory is not found in %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\ for any of the users I have been trying with.

I would prefer to not go the route of reinstalling Windows, but since this system is only 2 days old, it can be done without much fear of losing data.

-Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Sep 2019, still having the very same issue???!!! and and I do not have the "Essential Sound" folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually did the trick for me. I was just about to re-install Windows again.

I'm so happy this didn't happen to me in front of a client or director.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, but their is no "Essential sound" folder???!!! What to do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Youtube video helped me!!!

Premiere CC 2019 Quicktime Crash Fix - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this crush second time - this solution works for me!

comment_afpzDqUi431QA0WCniYMM0cwgIbRLWfd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and other users do not seem to have this Essential Sounds folder

It worked a few hours ago and now nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I have the same problem, but in the MAC OS. And The folder MediaCore is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggled with this issue as well, with Premiere Elements 2020 on Win 10, and was not helped by the "%APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json" solution (no "Essential Sound" folder). I removed all things Adobe and reinstalled several times, all in vain.

But, creating a new user worked, so it seemed to be a permissions problem. Finally I found a solution that worked for me, see #2 in https://thegeekpage.com/solved-fix-adobe-error-16-in-windows-10/ ! I only had to fix the permissions for the SLStore folder, exactly as described, and it works!

This was a really infurating problem, so I hope this will help someone else as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried same passages but I have a AzureAD account to log in in Windows 10 and so it's not possible to give ownership to it.

Creating a local account or running as Administrator solves but it really sucks as a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue and have found ZERO soluations. Any help please? I'm running the latest version 14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start Premiere with admin rights. this solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me works this:
Open this file (in Notepad): C:\Users\"YOUR USER"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\"YOUR AP VERSION"\Debug Database.txt
Locate the following flag entry:

DS.ForceCPUOnly false false

Modify the flag entry to true as shown below:

DS.ForceCPUOnly true false
Save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran Adobe Premiere as Adminstrator account and it's now opening fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines