• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create favorites in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting out on Adobe Premiere Pro CC after years on Final Cut Pro X. I'm looking for a feature that I can't find on Premiere Pro: mark a clip from a rush as favorites. On Final Cut Pro X, all you have to do is make an in and out point then press the F key. You will then find the favorite rush extracts in the bin as well as all the other favorite extracts of the same rush...
Do you know how to bookmark Adobe Premier Pro CC so you can keep all your favorite rush clips in one place?

On the screenshots, here is how it is organized.

+
Thank you

Louis

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

It sounds like the functionality of a Subclip. It would be roughly the same thing. Set in and out points, right click and Make Subclip (default shortcut Ctrl+U on PC).

PhillipJoseph_0-1598283581595.png

You should be able to do this from the Project Panel in a Bin (in Icon View) or from the Source Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of a feature that would allow you to make certain clips your favourites in Premiere.

How about creating a bin for your favourites in the Project panel?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the functionality of a Subclip. It would be roughly the same thing. Set in and out points, right click and Make Subclip (default shortcut Ctrl+U on PC).

PhillipJoseph_0-1598283581595.png

You should be able to do this from the Project Panel in a Bin (in Icon View) or from the Source Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's also a possibility, especially if they want just In and Out to be saved as part of the clip

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying it with Markers, since they can have ranges, but I don't see that markers can be used as ranges to add that selection into the timeline. Reminds me that Prelude showed subclip ranges as markers, which acted a bit like FCP favorites. What I like about favorites and Prelude subclip markers over Premiere Pro subclip clips is that you can see Favorites in context of the original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subclips don't allow for extension of the front or back in/out points...so subclips aren't actually that useful when it comes to creating a 'favorites' bin. Is there a way to extend the in/out points of a subclip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI @Zeej,

Good question. Choose Clip > Edit Subclip and "Remove Subclip Boundaries." Does it work now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines