• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DeHummer ignored by Media Encoder?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeHummer audio plug-in, new with Adobe Premiere Pro 2017 seems being ignored if rendered by Media Encoder, but if I render via just by pressing "Export" in Exprot Settings dialogue, it works.

Is it a bug, can anybody confirm this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

This issue has been fixed (for me at least) in the latest update of Adobe Premiere (v13.0.2), hooray!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have any audio files to test this on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a short snippet of audio where hum present. Dehummer with the default preset works very well, but if exported with media encoder it won't affect the sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same behavior under Windows 10.  Export works, Queue doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. I've sent a bug report, but it seems like the issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. Please try this step & let us know the status.

In Media Encoder

Preferences > General > Premier Pro > Uncheck "Import sequences natively"

Preferences > Media > Uncheck "Enable Accelerated Intel h.264 decoding" (for Windows only)

Relaunch Media Encoder, queue the export & test it.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still exists in latest build. I'm running Premiere 11.0.2 (47) and Media Encoder 11.0.2.53.

This happens when dehummer is applied to a clip. If it is applied to a track it works correctly when queued in media encoder.

Any fix upcoming hopefully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it doesn't work either way. And I have same latest versions of the software. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this bug also.  It is there today, May 31st, 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing is happening to me. I have gone just about crazy trying to figure out why my encoded video still had the humming sound. Encoding straight from Premiere works. Thanks for posting this so I could finally finish my project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mubrasmi,

Thanks for posting. Please let us know the Premiere Pro & Media Encoder version number. It will be helpful for investigation.

FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder is: 11.1.0.170 -- 2017.1 Release

Premiere is: 11.1.1 (15) Build -- 2017.1.1 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

This an ongoing issue for me, and currently very disruptive to my workflow.

Any solutions?

Premiere 12.0.0

Media Encoder 12.0

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still present (v13.0.1).  Has a workaround been found, or even better, a fix? I have a terrible air-con hum in my video that the dehummer works very well at getting rid of.  It just doesn't come out in the export.

I've also tried to render the audio sequence but the replacement that it renders does not include the dehummer effect, just like the export.

Any ETA or further information?  This is no doubt affecting many users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this on my Win10 rig. There aren't many reports of users having this, so the subset of whatever combo sets this off ... gear/media/other apps on the machine ... is pretty small. Not that a "relative" number that's pretty small couldn't still be a rather substantial number in straight terms, of course.

So ... filing this on their UserVoice service would be important, as all filings there go directly to the engineer's system. It would be good if you would post back here also what your computer hardware ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU and sound card if you have one all are ... what your audio hardware settings are set for in PrPro ... and what media you're using. Which number-dot-number version of PrPro as in 13.0.1 or whatever shows in your Help/About PrPro dialog.

Post that both places, here for general info for users, UserVoice to get directly to the engineers.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Thanks for the info, I have added my info to the post already created in Uservoice (link below).

[BUG] Audio : No audio effects applied after exporting video. Premiere Pro CC 13.0.1 – Adobe video &...

Cheers

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed (for me at least) in the latest update of Adobe Premiere (v13.0.2), hooray!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this.

So, finally, after two years of waiting and purchasing of two third party plugins (De-hum by Izotope and Dehummer by Acon Digital, although they both came as bonuses in bundles) it's fixed. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here. The DeHummer effect isn't applied when my exports are queued to Media Encoder, only when exported straight from Premiere. I have the effect applied to a track.

Media Encoder: Build 11.1.2.35 – 2017.1.2 Release

Premiere: Build 11.1.2 (22) – 2017.1.2 Release

Mac OS X 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm back. I found the workaround as discussed in this thread for the last year by exporting directly from Premiere instead of running exports through Media Encoder. Well, something has changed in Premiere in one of the last updates as I can no longer get the Dehummer settings to apply to the export through Media Encoder or directly from Premiere. I can only get Dehummer to work when previewing the file in Premiere. I have no way of cleaning up the audio now. Help!

Media Encoder   V 12.1.2 (Build 69)

Premiere Pro CC V 12.1.2 (Build 69)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue! Neither Premiere nor Media Encoder exports the DeHummer on certain clips, some work, some don't?

My workaround is to use Audio Hijack to record the audio from Premiere then replace it in the timeline (horrible i know)

Media Encoder 12.1.2

Premiere 12.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were having the same problem (DeHummer not working with Premiere Pro CC2018 when exporting) when rendering on an AMD processor but when we rendered the video on our computer that has a Pentium i7 processor the DeHummer worked perfectly.

Hope this helps some of you out there

Cheers,

Corrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dehumnmer works fine in preview - but ignored during export.

It is defineately a new bug.

I'm using Core i7, 7th Gen - so its not an AMD thing.

Adobe - you have to fix your bugs!

For now, I'm exporting the sequence to Audition. Waiting... waiting... its a slow just to clean up audio.

I'm using latest Apps.

V12.1.2 Build 69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines