Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different (broken) behaviour of "Reveal Sequence in Project" in latest Premiere

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is on Mac OS X 10.13.3 Premiere 12.1

It used to be (in the previous version of Premiere) that when I used "Reveal Sequence in Project" if the item was not within the bin currently open in the Project Panel, it would open a new panel at the root location of the sequence and display it.

Now in 12.1 it simply does nothing unless I manually open the enclosing bin in the Project panel. Otherwise it just does nothing, with no feedback or anything.

I have created some macros that rely on this shortcut working and I don't want to have to navigate to this root folder every time manually.

Does anyone know how I can change the behaviour of this command or if this is a bug in the new version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Reveal Sequence in Project not working properly on Mac in 12.1 – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks for your help confirming this bug.

I have posted it as a bug at the above link, feel free to add your votes!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My appologies... it it reveal in project.. that one doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I simply doing something wrong, or is there a bug in my version where this feature in fact didn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reveal sequence in project via a shortcut rather than a right-click. It's working here on 14.01/Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac.. 13.0.3.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so now you know it's working in 14.01/win.

Can you upgrade? It's never going to be fixed in your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.  Wanted to in fact confirm if it was a bug in my version, or if it's something elso going on.  Seems odd that such a simple thing would have been an issue.  Try not to update unless I absolutely have to! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to check 13 for me please?   I've been using Premiere since 4.2 so quite used to the agony of one thing not working, so then I upgrade and 3 new things that worked before, now don't work! LOL  Thank you for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only going on what you've said. According to that thread in the best answer link, the issue was fixed in 12.1.2. I doubt that version you have has the issue, but if it does you'll need an upgrade to get the fix.

FWIW: I have that shortcut for the 'Timeline' panel, and thus I must be in the timeline when I use the shortcut:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG that was it!! I was putting the shortcut into the 'source monitor panel' 

THANK YOU!!!  🙂   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines